BX2200 Availability

/ BX2200 Availability #11  
Re: \'WARNING\' BX2200.

Sorry to blabber on so much, "jest tryin' to bay hale-p-full.

I'd also ask you, Tony what kind of ground (how rough) you are traversing and at what speed.

My ground is rough and I rented a B21 for a day with the hopes of replacing my 5000lb Ford NH with it. The B21 weights about 3800lbs and the combination of that and the smaller size just about killed me on my ground. After 2 hours all I wanted was OFF, I couldn't bring myself to do much more with it. It was much cheaper than being upset AFTER I bought one. I went to the L35 which at 6000+lbs is this lumbering beast that on my rough ground just keeps saying "It's not quittin' time yet old man!" My BX is for final grading and loader work on finished ground and mowing. On rough ground I feel like I'm riding a small mule with the BX, with the L35 I'm sitting in my living room chair.

/ BX2200 Availability #12  
Re: \'WARNING\' BX2200.

I guess all of us are made different. I don't get back problems from my seat, but thats not to say I don't have problems. My old tractor has a seat that falls off. The bolts that once held it down rusted and have become part of the dirt I move. If I hit the brakes to hard and don't clamp down, it slides forward. Ironically, I just ordered a new one today from Northern Supply. Maybe it will help. What I'm looking for in a seat is one that will hold me tight and keep my boxers from riding up. Is it me or do others have this problem? Its especially bad on the downhill manuevers. Dang, I hate that, gotta make sure I get those boxers in the wash before my wife see's em, especially the white ones, its embarrassing. Perhaps briefs would be better, but my boys like freedom, while some like a home, see, were all different.

/ BX2200 Availability #13  
Re: Boxer Shorts

You wear clothes when you operate your tractor? All I wear is my Kubota Hardhat. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif I figure I'm going to get filthy anyway during the day, why get the clothes dirty too?
/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif
del

[email]oldcarparts@mygarage.com [/email]

/ BX2200 Availability #14  

Del, I thought about that, but I don't want the neighbors to see my gut. They all think I'm the young, tough, strong, guy out here and if I go nude I'll lose that advantage I have over them. I like having that over them.

Grip It, Rip It and let the Big Dog Eat...

/ BX2200 Availability #15  

Del - You weren't tractoring near that big Interstate pile-up a few weeks ago, were you? And where did you get the Kubota hardhat?

I agree that you should always check everything, but my comment was addressing the supposed "defect" in what may more likely be a preference area. Not liking something, or it even being ill-suited for our build, height, weight, or whatever, is totally different from it being poorly designed. It's one of the reasons some of us prefer one tractor over another. I talked to a guy at my dealer's place a few weeks ago and he told me he bought an L-series to mow half an acre of grass. He didn't get a loader and doesn't have any 3-point implements. He just felt cramped on anything smaller. And this guy is about 5'8", and 150 pounds. Go figure. My dealer didn't try to talk him out of it, I know that. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif Everybody has a right to be happy with what they purchase - at least before they purchase it... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Mark

/ BX2200 Availability #16  
i have been waiting since the 3rd week of march for my bx2200 and my dealer cant tell me anything but that it is coming ,so i called a district manager and he said 3 weeks ago it would be here in 2 weeks.well i am still waiting ,i hope this tractor is worth the wait!

/ BX2200 Availability
I placed my order 7 March 00 and was told it would probably be a 4 week wait. Tomorrow will be six weeks. Last week Kubota told the dealer it was in shipment. It must be on a slow boat from Japan. I was going to change my order to a B7500 but was told my BX2200 would be in 17 May 00. I too wonder if the wait is worth it at this point in time.

Bob

/ BX2200 Availability #18  
bob i to was offered to upgrade to a 7500 model but for the difference in price i decided to stay with the 2200.i wonder if kubota used the 2200 model to lure customers knowing they could never meet the demand and then intentionaly offer the upgrade to make more money.i wish the john deer 4100 was closer in price then maybe we could have a little bargining chip.because right now kubota has the market with this 2200,dollar to dollar.i live in mich.

/ BX2200 Availability #19  

Del, I have an old hard hat that is quasi orange. I was wondering if I went down to the dealer and peeled a Kubota label off one of the tractors in the yard and applied it to my quasi orange hard hat, if it would be close to the official Kubota hard hat? My understanding is that in order to receive the official Kubota hard hat you need at least 1000 hrs experience on a Kubota and the ability to recognize and discern New Holland and JD's at over 50 yds. Rat...