BX2200 Availability

/ BX2200 Availability #1  

wrn9510

Does anyone have inside information regarding shipments of the BX 2200 tractors in the Virginia area? Is the crunch still on? I have been on the waiting list going on the 5th week.........

/ BX2200 Availability #2  
No inside info, but I know my dealer is still waiting on half a dozen...

Mark

/ BX2200 Availability #3  
I ordered mine on March 13 and it's not here yet (Pennsylvania) Is snivelling allowed?

/ BX2200 Availability #4  
My dealer told me today that he got 4 in last Friday. He's got 3 left...

Mark

/ BX2200 Availability #5  
Can't respond directly about the backlog in the Virginia area. But, here in Kansas (Kansas City area) I ordered a BX2200 on April 11 and got it on April 28. I had been getting nervous that the summer would be over by the time I got it, but my dealer came through for me.

By the way, so far I love my BX2200. Have used it so far for lawn mowing and for mowing some really long field grass (worked beautifully) and for tilling a pretty good sized garden (also excellent performance, and a lot of fun to boot).

/ BX2200 Availability #6  
\'WARNING\' BX2200.

THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE CONSIDERING BUYING A BX2200 SHOULD INSPECT THE SEAT LOOSE FIT AND THE STIFFNESS OF THE SEAT
SPRINGS . THIS COMBINATION MAY GIVE THE OPERATOR SOME SERIOUS BACK PAIN . THE LOSE FIT WHICH CAUSES THE SEAT TO OSCILATE BACK AND FORTH AND STIF RIDE HAS SERIOUS PROBLEMS.
IN THE SHOW ROOM IT LOOKS PRETTY UNTIL YOU SPEND A FEW HOURS ON ONE . KUBOTA DOES NOT SEEM TO BE INTERESTED IN A FIX FOR THE PROBLEM .THE SEAT SOLID PIVOT IN FRONT WILL GIVE YOU AN EVEN STIFER RIDE IF YOU MOVE THE SEAT FORWARD.
TO ADD TO THIS . THE LOOSE SHUTTLE IN THE SEAT CAUSES THE OPERATOR TO MODULATE THE FOOT CONTROL CAUSING ABRUBT BACK AND FORTH MOTION OF THE MACHINE . A SIMPLE PROBLEM TO CORRECT , BUT KUBOTA SO FAR IS NOT WILLING TO DO CORRECTION.

/ BX2200 Availability #7  
Re: \'WARNING\' BX2200.

Please keep in mind that all views, opinions, rumors, information, techniques, advice, or other content on this website or posted to this forum should first be confirmed with an authorized dealer or manufacturer. We (TractorByNet.com) do not make any representations about the suitability of the information and services on, or posted to this website, and such information and/or services are presented 'as is' without warranty of any kind.

For more information please read our full Terms of Use at http://www.tractorbynet.com/terms_of_use.shtml

msig.gif

/ BX2200 Availability #8  

Tony, I really hate to see a message like this one. It's obvious that you are really mad at Kubota, but what isn't so obvious (to me, at least; maybe I'm just a little slow/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif) is exactly what the complaint is. If something is broken, then I would expect Kubota to fix it, but if the complaint is about the design, well, I don't know . . .. No manufacturer has yet designed a tractor with every feature exactly right to please every prospective owner. That's the reason you'll notice most of us recommend that you actually drive each tractor you're considering before deciding to buy one.

Your message does make me curious as to whether you own a BX2200, whether you drove one before buying, whether something is defective or whether you just don't like the seat design, whether you've owned and/or operated other tractors (by their very design, most tractors ride pretty rough compared to things like cars), etc.

I wish you luck, and hope you get the problem resolved satisfactorily, whatever it takes.

Bird

/ BX2200 Availability #9  

Tony, I'm pitching my lot in with Bird on this one: Please give us more details. We got enough from your post to know you're unhappy, but not enough to know if you've got good reason to be. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

We're all here to help in any way we can, but we need an opportunity. We don't like to bash any brand unnecessarily, nor will we aid and abet same.

Mark

/ BX2200 Availability #10  

I would tend to agree with Tony's post, that is inspect EVERYTHING! Unfortunately unless you rent one for a day and use it on your own property you won't discover much on a dealer lot. I'm quite confident that the day they stop selling the BX2200 it will be PERFECT! Maybe...

They try to design these to fit the most people. If you, Tony are on the lighter side you may find the seat stiff, I like a stiffer seat. Of course I'm not the correct weight. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif I went out and played on mine to duplicate what you were talking about. The stiffness you feel might be able to be absorbed by a seat I don't know, if the ground is rough, and the BX is a multi use tractor not a lawn mower, a soft seat would have you all over the place. If would be tough to have an adjustable tension seat and not have it sit up to high on that little tractor. I like my L35 seat the best as it has a very high back. You could probably experiment with some lighter springs, in fact Kubota could offer those, they come off in a jiffy. If they don't you could take another similar spring (big cities usually have places that have gobs of different springs) and weld a plate to one end so you can bolt it to seat.

As to the wobble, if you can live without being able to adjust the fore and aft movement (only one operator) you could pin the track and slider together with a bolt, which would take a lot of the movement out.

I find the hst pedal far to close to the seat, and I'm not very tall! Some of you guys that use these must be in danger of hitting your chin with your knee caps! But that's one of the trade offs with this small a machine. Depending on how the wife eventually feels I may make a bracket to raise it up. (Then I'll look REALLY goofy sitting on it)

There never seems to be one design that fits everyone or works for everyone, but that's why drills, hardware stores and welding torches were invented! I think Kubota wanted to have a unit out the door at X number of dollars.

Unfortunately they haven't discovered the "option game" that Ford and Chevy know so well. You want a new full-size pickup? $14,000 or $35,000 with a few additions.

With some of these BX's ending up spending most of their time as mowers I would think a cushier seat would be an excellent option. Of course looking at the seat it's just a straight pivot forward affair with to springs on the back.

I have to go now, I'm going to take a look at one of my extra van captains chairs I took out when the van was new! Now that's class! Since I live in slightly moist Washington State I guess I'll have to go for the blue-tarp seat covers!

[email]oldcarparts@mygarage.com [/email]