Mowing BX2200 "60" mid mount mower spindle noise

/ BX2200 "60" mid mount mower spindle noise #11  
Did you pull the assembly off the deck, or leave it in?

I replaced the bearing in mine. I think I used a junk socket and gave it a few blows with the dead blow hammer.

/ BX2200 "60" mid mount mower spindle noise #12  
Several things can cause MMM vibrations with bent, damaged or knocked out of balance blades being the most common cause. Remove each blade,inspect and test balance. Testing balance is as easy as securing a large round philips screwdriver in a vice and putting the blade on it. If one side hangs lower take a grinder and remove alittle metal until it balances. Many L&G stores carry fancy bubble gauges so you can use one of them too.
Badly nicked blades should be replaced.

With blades balanced and reinstalled try the MMM out. If it still has a bad vibration, remove the belt so all the spindles and idlers turn freely. Spin each one, if one feels rougher than the others or makes any kind of unusual sounds you've got a bad bearing. There should be no side ways play in the spindles or idlers.

Replace/repair any that aren't nice and smooth or has side ways play.

These Kubota spindles and idlers are pretty stout and if kept properly lubed should last a long time. Course anything man made will fail eventually.

Lastly if the belt has any large nicks and/or is starting to shred, replace it.
Don't throw parts at the problem, troubleshoot and repair.

Good luck
Dave

/ BX2200 "60" mid mount mower spindle noise #13  
Thanks Dave. It is definitely the right pulley assembly and I think the bearing. All else is smooth, when i rotate that one it wobbles (belt off). I am trying to figure out how to get the bearings & spindle off. I removed the blade and the pulley. I smacked the top of the spindle a couple of times but it didn't come off (smacked it from the top). From the parts manual, it does not appear as though there are any snap clips on the RCK60-B for the BX2200, I think just the seals hold it in place??

Thanks,

Jim

/ BX2200 "60" mid mount mower spindle noise #14  
Heres an IPB of the outer spindle assemblies.

Attachments

• 60 MMM IPB.jpg
    60 MMM IPB.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 86
   / BX2200 "60" mid mount mower spindle noise #15  
Thanks. I do have that one. I am looking for recommendations on how to take it apart.