BX2200 4WD Click/Clunk noise and feeling

/ BX2200 4WD Click/Clunk noise and feeling #11  
I have a feeling that it's not the drive line itself. I have a feeling it might be the bevel gears in the axle if the operator is feeling it on the floorboard.

/ BX2200 4WD Click/Clunk noise and feeling
Well after work tomorrow ill remove the deck and drive it up on ramps to get a good look at all of this to see if its something visually wrong.

/ BX2200 4WD Click/Clunk noise and feeling #15  
What's an outboard?
They are referring to the same thing I'm referring to. It's the hub case where the bevel gears are that change the direction of the rotation from the prop shaft to the wheels.

They are referring to the same thing I'm referring to. It's the hub case where the bevel gears are that change the direction of the rotation from the prop shaft to the wheels.
Ah, anyway to check that? Im guessing remove the prop shaft and a yoke of some kind to see inside?

/ BX2200 4WD Click/Clunk noise and feeling #17  
Take it out of 4WD and use the loader to lift up the front wheels (or jack it up) then you should be able to turn the one wheel and it will turn the other too. If you have resistance or hear the clicking noise you have isolated it now.

Take it out of 4WD and use the loader to lift up the front wheels (or jack it up) then you should be able to turn the one wheel and it will turn the other too. If you have resistance or hear the clicking noise you have isolated it now.
okay, just got back in from doing that, theres no resistance, the wheels spin extremely easily and spinning one it will turn the other as well.
although it's not silent. i can hear the gears match the speed i spin the tire. faster i spin it the faster i hear the gears.
slightly like putting a piece of paper in a desk fan i guess if i had to describe the noise.

Although i did inspect the propshaft and ujoints as well, im not sure of the tolerances that they should have but they seem loose, the u-joint on the transmission side is tight on the side with the transmission but the side on the propshaft can me moved up/down/left/right with ease.
then on the axle side i can move that ujoint with the same amount of play.

/ BX2200 4WD Click/Clunk noise and feeling #19  
When you turn the one wheel does the other one turn immediately (you can judge the play/backlash in the gears) and if it turns in sync with very little play it's likely OK. I don't like the "paper in fan" noise but a slight whirring is normal.

I am not that familiar with the BX drive train to say if play in the U-joints is off, but I don't think there should be side-side play in these joints - you could have a roll pin out or some other mechanical issue - thats where I would start.

here's a link to Messicks drive train parts to help you figure our where the play is Kubota BX2200D (4WD DSL TRA W/ROPS & S.B. W/O TIRES) Parts

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
When you turn the one wheel does the other one turn immediately (you can judge the play/backlash in the gears) and if it turns in sync with very little play it's likely OK. I don't like the "paper in fan" noise but a slight whirring is normal.

I am not that familiar with the BX drive train to say if play in the U-joints is off, but I don't think there should be side-side play in these joints - you could have a roll pin out or some other mechanical issue - thats where I would start.

here's a link to Messicks drive train parts to help you figure our where the play is Kubota BX2200D (4WD DSL TRA W/ROPS & S.B. W/O TIRES) Parts
It has about 2-5 degrees of play before the other wheel moves, almost even movement.