BX2200 3pt One More Time...

/ BX2200 3pt One More Time... #11  
I first saw the BX a couple of weeks ago when visiting in North Carolina. I, like Alan, was surprised how small it looked. It had unusally small ag tires on the front that made it look like a "lowrider" - looked like the front end of the tractor had no more than 6 inches of ground clearance (I didn't measure). I'm sure it's the same great quality as the rest of the Kubota line - it just took me by surprise. I also use WD 40 to lube the "balls" on the 3 point hitch.
JB

/ BX2200 3pt One More Time...
Little?

It's too big.

I can tell already if I want to put the "go muddin'" tires on I'm going to have raise the back end with the floor jack instead of just lifting it up by hand and having the wife slip the tires on and off.

Why can't Kubota design a smaller BX (BX-XS?) that an do the job without having a jack to change the back tires?

Uh, I still want 22hp, 1200lb rear lift, 4WD, PTO, 450lb loader lift, Kubota diesel, HST, and last but not least...DUAL CUPHOLDERS, one for now, one for later.

/ BX2200 3pt One More Time... #13  
Del,

"I still want 1200 lb. rear lift" You don't have this on the BX now do you? Carver lists it as 680 lbs. at 24"

Just checking, JimBinMI

/ BX2200 3pt One More Time...
That's the figure 24 inches behind the link pins. I always think of the forward rating, much more impressive, kind of like suckin' your gut in around the ladies and spreadin' your hands apart talking about fish caught!

Kind of the like previous discussions on HP, PTO, net, gross and the "new" figures, measured using force generated by explosion in chamber, making a 45hp BX2200! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ BX2200 3pt One More Time... #15  
I should have looked it over closer. After reading about them I expected something a little bigger, but I guess it is about the same size as a JD 455. It just looked like a riding mower on steroids to me, much smaller than a B1700. But if its diesel, 4WD, will handle a real loader and has a cat 1 hitch I can see where it would be the best choice for small acreage, because the bigger tractors couldn't get in some of the tight spots that thing could get into. I have seen a JD 455 and that truly is just an expensive lawn tractor, in my opinion.