BX2200 3pt One More Time...

/ BX2200 3pt One More Time... #1  

Anonymous Poster

I think the 3pt on the BX2200 will actually work as intended if I can get the link balls all loose so maximum possible movement can be obtained without the come-along!

What do you guys recommend I use on the ball and sockets? I've always thought you were supposed to use the same stuff you use on trailer balls, that special oil that is thicker than 140W and sticky. I'm probably just going to put some thin oil on these until they get a titch looser. It's still a tight fit and I think I could design the arms better if I had Kubota's manufacturing team behind me. (healthy ego!)

It is nice to be able to just push the BX forward or back with one hand while hooking up! Can't do that with the old Ford!

/ BX2200 3pt One More Time... #2  
Just saw a BX up close for the first time yesterday, and one thing I thought was really great is that when you take the front loader off, there is virtually NOTHING left hanging on the tractor. On my 1700 the whole loader control arm and a not inconsequential frame is left with the tractor, which is great if you intend to take the loader off and right away put on a blade or snowblower or something, but gets in the way if all you want is a naked front end for ease of getting to the engine compartment or just for the sakke of maneuverability.. Did notice that on the BX all of the loader weight seems to go directly into the tractor frame, whereas on the 1700 the frame of the loader seems to share the load. Guess it is a trade-off of more even weight transfer (and hence more hardware that stays bolted to the tractor) vs more complete removal of the loader when it is not needed.

/ BX2200 3pt One More Time... #3  
del, I don't recall having seen anything telling what should be used to lubricate the link balls. The only thing I've ever used, and very infrequently at that, is WD-40. Can't say whether I'm doing it right or not.

Bird

/ BX2200 3pt One More Time... #4  
I just squirt a little oil from my general purpose squirt can on 'em. Whenever I put oil in anything, when I'm done I put the "empty" bottle on my "recycling bottle". It's just an oil bottle with two screw tops siliconed together back to back and a hole drilled through them. The oil that's left in the "empty" runs into the "recycling bottle" and I've always got plenty of clean oil to use on "whatever". And, that way, even my "junk oil" is synthetic. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Mark

/ BX2200 3pt One More Time... #5  
Now that's a good idea; the lids that is, not necessarily the kind of oil./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif I've tried balancing one bottle on the other and sometimes it works./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bird

/ BX2200 3pt One More Time... #6  
Bird - It works great! And you can always use it to prove to anyone that you're a first-class cheapskate, too!

Just remember than not all tops are created equal - some of them have a natural "crown" to them that makes them perfect for being the upper one... (I mean, if you're going to be a miser, you might as well not miss a single drop, right?)

The reason I did it was that all the other approaches I'd tried made a mess or got dirt in the oil.

Mark

/ BX2200 3pt One More Time... #7  
Mark,

Great idea...don't mind being called cheap either! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Thanks!

JimBinMI

/ BX2200 3pt One More Time... #8  
Man thats cheap. Reminds of some old misers I know that run their adding machine tape back through the machine the other way when it runs out. Just how many "empty" bottles of oil does it take to get enough to actually oil anything with?

I noticed a BX2200 at my dealer the other day and was surprised at how LITTLE it is. Thats all you get for 10 grand?

/ BX2200 3pt One More Time... #9  
Very few, surprisingly. You get a tablespoon or so out of each bottle by the time all of it has run out, if you were in as big a hurry as I usually am. Rarely would you use much more than that to oil the 3-point hitch.

Mark

/ BX2200 3pt One More Time... #10  
Alan funny you should say "thats all you get for 10 grand". Like I said above, I just saw a BX for the first time a few days ago, and I thought "Man thats a lot of machine for 10 grand!" I am comparing it to machines like the JD 400 series garden tractors, which to my mind will be made obsolete by the BX and the soon to follow copies. A REAL 3 point, 4WD, HST, the legendary Kubota diesel, a real front loader... seems to be a heck of deal to me. I f I were in the market today I would have a tough time deciding between the Bx and the 2410 given the difference in cost. Just my opinion.