3-Point Hitch BX2200 3PH question

/ BX2200 3PH question #1  

149owner

Silver Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet 149, Kubota BX2200, LX3310, JD LX277
After clearing the snow today and finding I'm running out of room to put the piles, I'm thinking more about a snowblower. A neighbor's driveway is gravel, drops off fairly steeply from the street and then levels off. I have a plow mounted to the FEL so keeping it in the float position allows me to clear the driveway without digging into it. Would I have a problem with a rear mounted snowblower? Is there a way to get some type of floating action in the 3PH?

/ BX2200 3PH question #2  
Rear mounted snow blowers are hard on the neck, by the time spring comes you feel like a barn owl.
Craig Clayton

/ BX2200 3PH question #4  
I don't know about 3pt blowers, but the walk behind I had at one time had shoes you could raise or lower to keep the blower up a little bit if you wanted.

/ BX2200 3PH question #5  
3 point hitch for anything on it will float as there is no down pressure.
DevilDog

/ BX2200 3PH question #6  
It will float up, but not down unless you hold the 3PH lever in the down position. Once you drop the blower and drive in reverse, the blower will come off the ground if your rear tires climb over a bump, etc. If you hold the lever down when this happens it will float down to the point of maximum travel of the 3PH in the down position.

/ BX2200 3PH question #7  
I have the Kubota front mounted snowblower on my BX24 and love it. With the front mounted snowblower you can have it in the float or apply down preassure. I put my rear blade on my 3pt for pulling snow away from objects. It's a great combo.

/ BX2200 3PH question #8  
On my BX, the 3PH lever has a detent that holds it in the down position. I believe the BX2200 is the same. As long as I have the flow valve open far enough it will float up and down allowing the rear blade to follow the contours of the ground. The same would be true for a 3PH blower.

/ BX2200 3PH question #9  
CHDinCT said:
It will float up, but not down unless you hold the 3PH lever in the down position. Once you drop the blower and drive in reverse, the blower will come off the ground if your rear tires climb over a bump, etc. If you hold the lever down when this happens it will float down to the point of maximum travel of the 3PH in the down position.

This is what I do. Works awesome!

/ BX2200 3PH question #10  
Mine floats ,the lever stays down. As far as i'm concerned this is the only way to go. The unit pictured below is everything I hoped it would be.

BX2200 / 60" Buhler/Allied:

IMG_0794.jpg

Dan