BX transmission oil level?

/ BX transmission oil level? #1  

dieselbob69

Gold Member
Tractor
'21 Kubota BX2380
Hi folks-just did a quick search and didn't find my answer. I just checked my transmission oil level on my new BX1870(almost 3 hrs.on it). I was shocked to see nothing on the dipstick,so I wiped it and re-checked-bone dry when I pulled it out:mad::mad::mad:. It was cold and hadn't been running since last night.The owners manual doesn't specify if tractor needs to be running when checking,or if fluid needs to be warm or cold when checked,just that you need to use Super UDT-2. I will be on phone to dealer tomorrow and letting them know I expect a few free quarts of Super UDT-2 for their "oversight" on delivery pre-inspection,also w/ a couple other things they missed.......I just hope no damage has been done to this machine due to their ignorance......

/ BX transmission oil level? #2  
From my experience it doesn't take much to bring up on the dip stick. I bet a quart does it. Check your front axle also.

/ BX transmission oil level?
Front axle level is fine,tranny oil not even on stick....

/ BX transmission oil level? #4  
I always check mine cold. While not ideal, I doubt it did any damage, if it's only a little low. For sure, you should get the required oil. Heck, you paid for it and didn't receive it!

/ BX transmission oil level? #6  
Front axle level is fine,tranny oil not even on stick....

Check front axle every couple weeks after a change or first filling, air gets trapped in the bevel gear housings and slowly gets burped out and the level usually drops. The transmission case fills up quick on the top end does not take much to drop it.

David

/ BX transmission oil level?
Thanks folks for the input and advice. I'm just a little gun-shy over Kubota's after my bad experience w/ the '07 GR2100...... I'll see how low it is next time I warm it up and lower everything.

/ BX transmission oil level? #8  
My L2501DT I bought in August was low on transmission fluid. The salesman showed me the sights glass when I bought it. I did not see oil in it. He said it was hard to see and the sunlight made it hard to tell. I ran it for 9 hours and by that time was convinced it was low as I could not see oil. I bought 2 quarts and poured it in. I could then see oil in the very bottom of the sight glass. I bought 2 more quarts and poured them in. It's full now. I really only needed 3 quarts. It was still so low after adding 2 quarts I just poured the next two quarts in without checking between the 3rd and 4th quarts.