BX Loader Quick Disconnect O-rings

/ BX Loader Quick Disconnect O-rings #1  

Deano

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24
Does anyone know a part # for the o-ring in a 1/4 hydraulic quick disconnect coupler. I removed my loader on my BX24 and when I reconnected it, I pinched the o-ring. The parts manual shows the coupler $24.95 :( but no breakdown...

Thanks,
Dean

/ BX Loader Quick Disconnect O-rings
Looks like I stumped everyone...
Tuesday I will call Snap-tite , they are the people who make the couplings.
I also easures the old o-ring and will see if a Mil spec packing will work. It looks to be around a -015.

Blue Angels were here this weekend so I did not want to go anto base and check out if the -015 would work or not. May try Memorial day...

I will post what I find.

Deano

/ BX Loader Quick Disconnect O-rings #3  
good question deano. I didnt think of that possible issue. If you haven't found the answer yet, I probably will end up taking one to the local hardware store to get a spare just in case. perhaps you could borrow the coupler from the backhoe if not being used so you can use the front loader till you get parts ?

Now I am thinking out loud, perhaps we should start another thread on possible spare kits to build or a list of consumables parts for the BX's ? There was a thread awhile ago about light bulb part number for the BX for example.

First update: went to a True Value and found two o-rings that were close. One a little smaller, one a little larger. Of course!! installed one of the smaller ones (picked up a couple of each size) and pinched it. the next size bigger will not even go in. Stretched one of the smaller ones, and it went together and does not leak. At least I can run the tractor today...long weekend almost shot though! Still need to look at work and will check at work tomorrow. Also, Snap-tite was closed today so I will call them tomorrow.

Second update to follow.

Deano

The final saga...just in case anyone cares, The O-ring that fits is a
M83248/1-015. The company that makes the coupling does not sell to the direct public, and they didn't give me a part # for the o-ring, just the part # for the seal kit.
Their distributer near me in Baltimore (2.5 hours away) did not have a seal kit in stock but would order them if I wanted to buy $35 worth. That equates to 13 seal kits.
The coupling is $25 and he told me I might as well just buy a new coupling. So, I used an aviation o-ring chart and the measurements I took with a vernier caliper and came up with a perfect fit.

By the way, you can get the o-ring for about .25 cents!!:D

Deano

Last edited:
   / BX Loader Quick Disconnect O-rings #7  
Thanks for the number. Mine was leaking last year and I found, like you, that the o-ring is not a standard dash size. I happened to find a qc coupling in a spare parts bin at work that had the same o-ring in it.

/ BX Loader Quick Disconnect O-rings #8  
The final saga...just in case anyone cares, The O-ring that fits is a
M83248/1-015.

i care! bringing back this old thread to say THANKS.

mine started leaking recently and a search here quickly turned up Deano's thread and solution. appreciate the quick, easy and cheap fix. picked up a few -015 o-rings and no more leak.

BTW, 90 Duro Viton or Buna-N are probably the best materials for this specific application.

i care! bringing back this old thread to say THANKS.

mine started leaking recently and a search here quickly turned up Deano's thread and solution. appreciate the quick, easy and cheap fix. picked up a few -015 o-rings and no more leak.

BTW, 90 Duro Viton or Buna-N are probably the best materials for this specific application.

I wondered if this ever helped anyone!! You are welcome!