BX instrument cluster died

/ BX instrument cluster died #1  

sea2summit

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 1860->25D, MX5800, M4D
So I found a few threads that seem to describe what happened but not final answer on what to do.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...warning-digital-instrument-cluster-water.html
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...-recalls-warranty-whats-deal.html#post1352407

Had to leave with work for about 3 months, when I left there had been condensation in the instrument cluster but in Georgia there seems to be moisture everywhere so I wasn't too concerned. My son drove the tractor for odds and ends while I was gone so it didn't just sit. He's 9 so I got a message that the dash wasn't working about a month and a half in. Anyway, when I got home there was about 1/3-1/2" of standing brownish water in the bottom of the instrument cluster and nothing displays, even the tach doesn't move.

So, is this covered in the Kubota warranty? Has anyone made this claim on their Kubota insurance?

/ BX instrument cluster died #3  
So like everybody else I had issues with water in my Gauges. Of course when it starting smoking it was the connector that melted before the gauge gave up the ghost. It never blew a fuse. I searched and searched for the connector with no success. I finally found the connector and pins. This is a Aptiv (formerly Delphi) GT 150 series sealed connector. The connector is common and available everywhere I buy this type of stuff. Crimp Supply (the one google finds without a www in front of it (CrimpSupply.com | In Stock and Available to Ship Today)) sells the individually. They sell them on E-bay also. The pins are 18-16 Ga. Female Metri-Pack Terminal, GT 150 Series, Sealed (manufacture part number 12191819) version. The wire seals are Blue 18-16 Ga. Metri-Pack Seals, GT 150 Series, Sealed (manufacture part number 15366060). The empty spaces ar filled with Green Metri-Pack Cavity Plugs, GT 150 Series, Sealed (manufacture part number 15305171). The release tool I use is Metri-Pack Terminal Release Tool part number 12094429. and the crimpers I use are cheap version part number 37A11019 I have rebuilt many connector with these through the years. And last but not least the connector is a 16-Way Female Metri-Pack Housings, GT 150 Series, Sealed (manufacture part number 15326863) version. I reuse the rear "purple" wire clamp so I do not have a part number for it. I will take pictures if anybody is interested.