Buying parts off ebay

/ Buying parts off ebay #1  

kas2960

Bronze Member
Tractor
CK4010HST
Hi Folks,
Maybe some on this forum has bought a part off of ebay? I want to buy a Cat 1 Hydraulic top link from sparepartsholland off of ebay. The same one on Amazon is no longer available. The shipping is fedEx priority international. I am in Canada. Can anyone tell me what extra charges I can expect?
Thanks for your time.

/ Buying parts off ebay #2  
I've bought off of E-Bay but not living in Canada can't help with a shipping question.

/ Buying parts off ebay #3  
All I know, is that those guys ship from Holland, so I would expect some import duties, taxes and what not when imported to somewhere outside the European Union.

I've been checking their diverter valves as well.

/ Buying parts off ebay #4  
Hi Folks,
Maybe some on this forum has bought a part off of ebay? I want to buy a Cat 1 Hydraulic top link from sparepartsholland off of ebay. The same one on Amazon is no longer available. The shipping is fedEx priority international. I am in Canada. Can anyone tell me what extra charges I can expect?
Thanks for your time.
Amazn and fleaBay are not the only sellers of parts... I'd say buy/order from a local supplier.

/ Buying parts off ebay
Amazn and fleaBay are not the only sellers of parts... I'd say buy/order from a local supplier.
I totally agree with you and would love too. Been looking and can't seem to find any close by that sell the size I want. You folks in the US have a much larger retail base to choose from. The specialty stores here are very expensive. Our TSC (now Peavey Mart) doesn't have any, and the main discount chain Princess Auto has some but at a size I don't want. Thanks for the reply!

/ Buying parts off ebay #6  
In my experiences there are no extra charges once shipping is added to your order on the site. I'm US based but order quite a bit of stuff from all over the world. Never had a surprise, sometimes stuff from Europe is faster to arrive than domestic sellers.

/ Buying parts off ebay
In my experiences there are no extra charges once shipping is added to your order on the site. I'm US based but order quite a bit of stuff from all over the world. Never had a surprise, sometimes stuff from Europe is faster to arrive than domestic sellers.
Thanks!
My gut feeling is other then tax there should be minimal to nothing. But my other experiences in life lead to the saying "What can go wrong will" lol

/ Buying parts off ebay #8  
Pretty sure I bought at least one of my hydraulic top links off ebay, along with a few dozen other items over the years. Always a positive experience. Shipping should be shown when you select the item, and there are no other charges to the buyer.

I have three items up for sale on ebay right now, as well, I prefer it over Craigslist for anything easily-shippable. I pay $2-$5 for each listing, except high-dollar items (I've sold 3 cars on ebay, each over $10k).

Deal only with seller who have high (like > 95%) ratings, if you want to avoid hassles. I've been on ebay over 20 years, and have always maintained a 100% feedback rating, even in the bad old days when it was easier to leave negative reviews.

Amazon marketplace is also great, though. I don't even bother with local sellers anymore. No way am I wasting my daylight hours to go chase a part at a local store, when I can grab it online for less in my spare evening hours, and have it shipped to my door. Those ebay and Amazon marketplace sellers are also small businesses, no less deserving of your support than the local shops that close at 4pm weekdays and noon on Saturdays. In fact, in some cases, they have been some of my small local shops, who also maintain Amazon Marketplace or eBay storefronts, in addition to their local retail.

Last edited:
   / Buying parts off ebay
Excellent advice. Sparepartsholland has a good rating with a reasonable number of responses.

/ Buying parts off ebay #10  
I can supply you with a hydraulic top link & I think I can have it drop shipped from a warehouse in Canada. I ship from the US to Canada but it would be cheaper shipping from Canada plus no custom charges.