Buying Help LS MT350HE

/ Buying Help LS MT350HE #1  

TX03

Tractor
in the market
Hey fellas - looking at purchasing either an MT350HE or the MT235HE. This is my first time buying a tractor and I'm curious to know what is common in negotiations? Is like car buying? Would really appreciate any tips on how to handle things going forward. Thanks!

/ Buying Help LS MT350HE #2  
This is an odd time in the tractor market.

• Tractors are in relatively short supply due to supply chain problems.
  • Dealers have very little inventory.
  • Dealers and customers with submitted-to-factory orders report waiting four or more months for delivery.
  • Consumer demand seems to be fairly strong.
  • Spring is the busiest three month period for tractor sales.

Hopefully things will be better for the consumer during October-November-December.

/ Buying Help LS MT350HE #3  
What jeff said. Maybe it’s better in Texas but inventory is slim to none in NY.....with all the expected effects on negotiations. That said, it seems that the factory incentives are still in effect and some the usual dealer “throw-ins” might be available: loaded tires, delivery, etc. YMMV though as I’m sure there are regional and brand differences. The number of tractors you see on the lot when you arrive at the dealership will probably tell you what you need to know about how it’s going to go. Although, some of the dealers around here have already sold the tractors they are waiting to be delivered. Crazy.

/ Buying Help LS MT350HE
Thanks guys! My dealer has both tractors available (light on implements at the moment though). Is it normal to go back with a counter offer to what we received as a quote?

/ Buying Help LS MT350HE #5  
Thanks guys! My dealer has both tractors available (light on implements at the moment though). Is it normal to go back with a counter offer to what we received as a quote?
The best advice in this crazy market is to get other quotes from other dealers, then use those for negotiations. You may have the best price already!

I notice you are located in Spicewood... are you dealing with RCO tractor? If so tell John that Ted sent you over and to give you a better price or to throw in maybe a 50 hour service or something like that...

RCO is a great dealership. I purchased my LS from them.... 550 miles away! They have always treated me right, like a #1 customer!

Last edited:
   / Buying Help LS MT350HE
The best advice in this crazy market is to get other quotes from other dealers, then use those for negotiations. You may have the best price already!

I notice you are located in Spicewood... are you dealing with RCO tractor? If so tell John that Ted sent you over and to give you a better price or to throw in maybe a 50 hour service or something like that...

RCO is a great dealership. I purchased my LS from them.... 550 miles away! They have always treated me right, like a #1 customer!
Yes I have been working with John from RCO - he’s been great! I’ll let him know Ted thinks I should get a little better deal :)

/ Buying Help LS MT350HE #7  
I bought my MT240 pre-pandemic, so the market wasn't as crazy. I went tractor shopping one week and got in person prices. Decided on which tractor manufacturer and model fit me the best, then searched online for online pricing. I found the same tractor listed online a few hours away for about $2500 less then the local quote I was given. I printed the sheet and took it to my local dealer. I handed it to them, and asked if they could match that, if not, I was making the trip next weekend to pick up the one in the advertisement. It took them several phone calls and a bit of time, but they reluctantly matched it.

/ Buying Help LS MT350HE #8  
Yes I have been working with John from RCO - he’s been great! I’ll let him know Ted thinks I should get a little better deal :)
HaHa! John will get a kick out of that!

/ Buying Help LS MT350HE #9  
Hey fellas - looking at purchasing either an MT350HE or the MT235HE. This is my first time buying a tractor and I'm curious to know what is common in negotiations? Is like car buying? Would really appreciate any tips on how to handle things going forward. Thanks!
Hey, neighbor! I'm up in Burnet and also dealing with John at RCO.

From what research I've done, in general, dealers normally build in a little wiggle room because they know most people try to haggle a little bit. However, after looking a what price John offered me for my 225S (hope to get delivered next week!) I felt it was more than fair and chose not to haggle. I probably could have got another $500 off, maybe, maybe a bit more, but I just hate playing that game so it wasn't worth it to me.

My advice is to look at your tractor models on tractorhouse. There are some dealers out there that advertise their bottom lowest prices online in order to attract people all across the country. I doubt with those dealers they would go any lower. Maybe could haggle with them a bit as they might build a bit of wiggle in to make people feel better, but really depends on dealer I think.

Anyway, based on what I saw with lowest prices online, looking at what a used tractor is selling for of similar type as mine, I think John offered a more than fair price up front and I chose not to haggle. Note though, that you are buying a bigger machine than I am, and there might be more wiggle built in as prices go up, I'm not too sure on that, but based on what I saw, I don't know that I'll be haggling with John at RCO for future purchases. If I do, it won't be much, he isn't trying to sell at MSRP or anything close to it.