Buying Advice Buying a garden tractor

/ Buying a garden tractor
^^^^
Impressive list of tractors there. Did any dealer seem better than another? Good dealer support can be hard to find.

Mike

Believe it or not, Rural King, though he admitted it takes him a few days longer to get parts than other dealers.

But with the other places I visited I spoke mainly with their sales departments so I didn’t get a good feel for their service departments.

/ Buying a garden tractor #33  
Believe it or not, Rural King, though he admitted it takes him a few days longer to get parts than other dealers.

But with the other places I visited I spoke mainly with their sales departments so I didn’t get a good feel for their service departments.

I don’t know much about RK but, they appear to have a attractive pricing and competitive products. I don’t see anything wrong there and if you’re gonna receive better service and support there, I wouldn’t hesitate to move forward with their product.

I have JD, Kubota, MF, Bobcat, Branson and several other dealers pretty close. My Kubota dealer is by far the best, followed by MF. I always visit both these dealers before making a decision. I could easily have 2 MF tractors but, I have 2 Kubotas.

Mike

/ Buying a garden tractor #34  
If you have any physical disability you might consider how easy getting the MMM, front loader, backhoe on/off is going to be. The auto-connect deck sold me on the JD. Quality of MMM cut is a consideration too.

/ Buying a garden tractor #35  
One thing I don't like about the RK is how their backhoe mounts, it's a little more involved than how the others do it. But it might not be a big deal for you if you're not planning on taking it off too often. Also, if you're planning on using your 3ph, the lift arms and all that stay on the massey when you attach the backhoe. I'm pretty sure with most of your other choices you listed, you'd have to take off the lift arms to attach the hoe.

I have narrowed my selection to the
LS MT225E/HE/S series and the Kioti CX/CK2510.

I sent a list of questions to each dealer to fill in my knowledge gaps, including an ask for detailed quotes after the initial ballpark estimates they gave me. I'm looking to buy either tonight or tomorrow morning.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to test drive either of these tractors as both dealers have sold out and are only able to keep up with orders. I did get to sit on a CK2610 (slightly bigger) and liked the quality of materials.

I'm planning to get the loader, mmm, backhoe, box blade, quick hitch, pallet forks, backhoe rubber feet, hydraulic top link, bolt on loader cutting edge or cutting teeth, and the rear tires filled.

Would love to hear opinions of others who have looked at these same tractors. One question I haven't been able to find the answer to is whether any of these tractors have the auto-throttle feature.

/ Buying a garden tractor #37  
One thing I don't like about the RK is how their backhoe mounts, it's a little more involved than how the others do it.
I've lost track opf which ones now, but some of them require removing the full six foot long subframe and you cannot mount the MMM with the BH on.

With mine, I can have both on and operational. I can drop the BH in 10 minutes or less only pulling a couple or alignment pins.

Also, if you're planning on using your 3ph, the lift arms and all that stay on the massey when you attach the backhoe. I'm pretty sure with most of your other choices you listed, you'd have to take off the lift arms to attach the hoe.
They say mine are supposed to come off, but I found a way to raise them up out of the way far enough.

/ Buying a garden tractor #38  
I know for sure that the LS ones that you listed don't have the linked throttle.
I believe the CK2610 has it as an option, not sure if it's available on the 2510

/ Buying a garden tractor #39  
From what the dealer told me here in the Australian market, the Kioti CS2610 couldn’t accept a MMM with the backhoe subframe fitted. Worth checking that if you’re considering them, might be different in your neck of the woods.

Today I started the process of purchasing a Kioti CX2510 with loader, backhoe, and mmm. I also opted for a double edged box scraper, auto throttle, having the tires filled, and a couple other small upgrades.

On Monday, I will submit the loan application and hopefully it will be approved and the tractor will be ordered the same day. Expected delivery time is 4-6 weeks unless he can get an intra dealer transfer. Total with everything was around $27K and I’m going to put $8K down on it.

Excited and nervous about such a large purchase. I’ve never even bought a new car, but I take solace in that the tractor will probably hold its value longer than the a car.

I’m just relieved the choice is made and now I just can’t wait to get it here. It might be a little too big for my 1 acre but it’s really about the smallest compact I could find that had the ground clearance and other features I need for my sloped back yard. And I figured if I buy 3-5 acres down the road it’ll be perfect.