buying a 4310

/ buying a 4310 #11  
Nice tractor. I'm glad you don't have the budget for the L4610, though. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

The downside of the Michelin tires is cost, I'll give you that. All the other things said here are valid, too. The R4's are probably the best compromise tire, unless you go with the Michelin's. The Michelin's are considered an R4, but they use an R1 tread, so they excel in durability, floatation, and room for ballast, as R4's are known for, but they have excellent traction, even in mud, due to the ag type tread. Add to those factors all the benefits of radials, and it's a real winner.

Otherwise, as I said, I think standard R4's are the best compromise.

Mark

/ buying a 4310 #12  
Thanks to all for the info. Hopefully I will speak to carver and be headed on a trip to NC in about a week! I was real impressed when I spoke wiht them and I havent read anything here that has given me mixed thoughts. I really enjoy this site and look foward to further conversation. Mike

/ buying a 4310 #13  
MikeF,

The 4610 is the only Grand L with a 4 bar link loader bucket. This is a "real" configuration like on heavy equipment and gives greater range of motion to the bucket. (and power?)

The B21 & L35 both have it, but are heavy duty and somewhat special purpose Tractor-Loader-Backhoes.

Also, remember that the L3710 is the largest L series with the mid PTO (belly mower), if that is important to you. For me the 4 bar bucket linkage would outweigh the bellymower (which I wouldn't get anyway).

Patrick

/ buying a 4310 #14  
Thanks for the input, I also found some more info. that was rather interesting. 4610 loader: reach @ max. height 18.5" / 4310 loader: reach @ max. height 23.4". As both loaders reach more than high enough for my dump trailer with extended sides, the extra reach for my aplication will be more helpfull.

Mike

/ buying a 4310 #15  
Mike,
You may want to give Modern Tractor a call in Tennessee. Steve Bowman is the man to talk to at 800-540-1704. Just bought a 2710 from them and had it shipped. Real nice guys to deal with and at a great price.
Good luck
Dale

/ buying a 4310 #16  
Dale.

Thanks for the info but I have a 4310 HST-cab W/loader & quick attach bucket w r-4's waiting for me at carver. I was pleased with the price and info I was able to get from them. Also thanks to this site I think i've made a good choice of machine & equipment.

Thanks Again to all! Mike

/ buying a 4310 #18  
Nice tractor. Send a photo of you setting in that Cab laughing at all of us that didn't get one. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif