buying a 4310

/ buying a 4310 #1  

Anonymous Poster

I am planing to buy a 4310 HST/Cab with a QA loader bucket. I am puzzled on the tire issue R1 R4 ? I live in MD and provide farm services for small horse farms, mowing, aerating, overseeding etc... I also use the loader for manure removal (thus the need for cab). Also I clear snow with my tractor, my curent tractor has R1 tires great in snow but hard on turf. What to do ???

/ buying a 4310
Great looking tires at that site. The problem is cost! My buget is screaming just to get the tractor & loader. I am not even sure if I will get the QA loader at first. But the tire options from Kubota are all I feel my wallet can stand for now. I do know i'll love that factory cab for my uses. I cant wait!!!

/ buying a 4310 #4  
Yes, but buy the 4610 with cab instead. It has a bigger hydraulic pump, stronger loader, and it will make mark turn green (er orange) with envy. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ buying a 4310 #5  
It seems to me that it's R1 for traction, turf tires for lawns, and R4 as a compromise for all around use. R4s also seem to be tougher and more puncture resistant.

Bird

/ buying a 4310 #6  
Nice one Wen/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Where is Mark in hiding?
Gordon

/ buying a 4310 #7  
Guess they wouldn't make R1 and R4 tires if they were for the same purposes. Most Ag applications use R1 because they have better traction AND are pretty well self cleaning in mud. Most construction uses are R4 as they are better around nails and on the pavement. You couldn't give me a set of R4 tires, but you couldn't give others a set of R1 tires. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ buying a 4310 #8  
Thats why I don't have them on my tractor I can't afford them right now, but I sure would like to have a set just on the rear. For me its r-1 but I run in alot of mud the r-4s just load up so its a tough call.
Gordon

/ buying a 4310
I did look at the 4610 but I originally was going to get the 3710 cab as it would probably suffice, but after talking to Carver I think the 4310 will more than do the trick. The only difference I can find other than $ is the front axle and the hydro pump. They rev the engine an extra 100 rpm for the pump ( I guess )

I guess I will get the R4 tires, I Know turf's wont do.