Bushhog ID

/ Bushhog ID #1  

LD1

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
Can anyone place a model number on this hog.

Seller lists it as a 8' cutter. 99.99% sure its bushhog brand. Build design and style and gearboxes look very similar to my 306. So I am fairly certain it is of the same era as the 305/306/307 series cutters, just an 8' twin. Want to put a model number to it so I can look up some important specs like weight.

Would be nice if a good used 278 would come up in my area in a price I could afford.....

bushhog.jpg

/ Bushhog ID #2  
This pull behind model 109 was the only one with that style gearbox that showed up on an image search:

maxresdefault.jpg

/ Bushhog ID
This pull behind model 109 was the only one with that style gearbox that showed up on an image search:

View attachment 460981

Certainly same build design. I did an image search and came up empty. Wonder if this is actually a 9' cutter but 3PH?

Alot of the bushhog brand cutters of that era (like my 306) had a single tailwheel in 3PH version and duals on a tow behind. Perhaps this is a 109 mounted cutter, but still cannot find anything?

I have searched every logical number I would think it would be. 108, 208, 308, 2x8 (every number from 0-10), 3x8, and even all the 4-digits like 2x08 and 3x08. Nada, nothing.

/ Bushhog ID #4  
".........there is only one way to find out."
Buy it, weigh it and try it :laughing:

/ Bushhog ID
If it's comparable to a 3308 pusking 2000# I ain't even gonna be able to lift it, let alone try it. And it's 2 hr away. Not that interested without knowing for sure.