Bush Hog

/ Bush Hog #171  
Oh yes, they seem backwards to me too. The old worm gear drive saws were LH also. I'm fine with a RH saw. But I do like a LH too when I'm cutting hip and valley rafter seat cuts. A left saw works great on one side of a hip/valley. I finally found a Porter Cable LH saw. I have two worm drives but I have to use blades with a diamond center knockout to bolt onto saw.
I love my worm drive saws. Just replaced my skil 8&1/2” with a Milwaukee 8&1/2”. Even have the DeWalt 60V worm drive.
Cut 4’ sheets of plywood from one side. ;)

/ Bush Hog #172  
RH or LH Bush Hog? CCW rotation mow better CCW around the field? My cutter doesn’t get offended by calling it a Bush Hog, says it right on the side and hog emblem cast in gearbox.

/ Bush Hog #173  
RH or LH Bush Hog?
Yes, both.
CCW rotation mow better CCW around the field?
Blades are sharpened on both edges:

PA270003.JPG
PA270010.JPG

The hydraulic motor can turn it CW or CCW:

P4060003.JPG

Last edited:
   / Bush Hog #174  
I know I'm being picky but I have an issue with folks calling a rotary mower a Bush Hog. Bush Hog is a brand name just as John Deere, Ford, Dodge, etc.
Home - Bush Hog This is the Bush Hog website note they even call them rotary cutters. I know it may be a hard habit to break but could we learn to call them rotary cutters unless of course you are referring to the Bush Hog brand.
Brush hog, rotary cutter, meh.

i call them brush hogs because thats what they do, and they are very effective at it. they can tear down whole fields of brush. some of the tougher models can take down 5" trees! brush hog seems like the perfect name
"rotary cutter" just means a blade moving in a circle cutting something. that could just mean a regular mower, or even a food processor for the matter.
do you call a kleenex a paper tissue? a frigidaire a cooling box?

/ Bush Hog #175  
So now we have come to worrying about using the wrong pronouns for inanimate objects?😂

/ Bush Hog #176  
So now we have come to worrying about using the wrong pronouns for inanimate objects?😂
my 6' bushhog identifies as they/them.
not to get too into it but pronouns and proper names are different lol.

/ Bush Hog #177  
I think that if you went to a dealer and asked
for a rotary cutter he might ask you what kind
of a finish mower do you want????
You ask for a brush hog they know exactly what
you want!

willy

/ Bush Hog #178  
I think that if you went to a dealer and asked
for a rotary cutter he might ask you what kind
of a finish mower do you want????
You ask for a brush hog they know exactly what
you want!

willy
Maybe in hillbillyville, but not around here. Around here, they are called what the mfg's call them, "rotary cutters".

Just as finish mowers are called just what the mfg's call them, "finish mowers"...

SR

/ Bush Hog #179  
After reading 18 pages of posts (channel locks, Vice grips, skill saw etc ) my input is:
Am I the only one who calls Diagonal or straight side cutter pliers “dikes”?

/ Bush Hog #180  
After reading 18 pages of posts (channel locks, Vice grips, skill saw etc ) my input is:
Am I the only one who calls Diagonal or straight side cutter pliers “dikes”?
I think they've been renamed to Non-Binary, but who knows these days! 😉😄😁