Burn piles

/ Burn piles #71  
Use oil toilet paper rolls stuffed with kindling, lint and your used oil/sawdust mixture. Nice little starter sticks.

/ Burn piles #72  
I always use cardboard to start my burn piles. I get plenty of boxes from Amazon plus empty pizza boxes, soft drink and beer cartons, cereal boxes, etc., that I have to get rid of and they don't have ashes that fly away like newspaper does. They light fast and put out large amounts of heat that gets the pile burning without using expensive petroleum products and are much safer.

/ Burn piles #73  
I use a propane tank and weed burner torch to light up plies and normally it only takes a few minutes. After a recent heavy rain and subsequent snow I decided to burn a wet pile. The tank was an ice ball by the time the pile burned on its own. But gogdonit, I got it going. 🔥🔥🔥

/ Burn piles #75  
Here is one of mine from a long time ago:

P5060004.JPG
P5060007.JPG
P5060015.JPG

/ Burn piles #77  
Cleaning up the property from poor practice logging done 15 years ago. They left massive piles that were supposed to rot, but should have been smaller and more spread out. I’ve had to torch some of them just to access areas. What a mess!

Attachments

• 2F71B061-364F-4AE2-BACC-84E6E41B9394.jpeg
    2F71B061-364F-4AE2-BACC-84E6E41B9394.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 67
   / Burn piles #78  
Going to light this next Saturday for our annual Winter Solstice party. It's a little late due to scheduling conflict. There are about 100 pallets, 1, 24" diameter x 40' tall cottonwood, and a couple 16" diameter trees in the pile.

Attachments

• 20230109_101431.jpg
    20230109_101431.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 88
   / Burn piles #79  
^ yikes! Gonna be quite the torch. That looks like it will fall over once halfway built, for sure. Hope you have a roofing magnet sweeper on standby. :)

/ Burn piles #80  
^ yikes! Gonna be quite the torch. That looks like it will fall over once halfway built, for sure. Hope you have a roofing magnet sweeper on standby. :)

This is our 4th or 5th year doing this. Each year they get a little bigger. So far they have all fallen towards the center. The nails just sink into the ground. The water table is pretty high in that area.