Bucket Hooks with D-Rings

/ Bucket Hooks with D-Rings #12  
I don't have D-rings but a do have shackle lugs on my grapple and bucket which allows for many types of connections

P1180672.JPG

P1180683.JPG

P1190680.JPG

P1190722.JPG

/ Bucket Hooks with D-Rings #13  
I always felt "D" rings, and hooks on top of the bucket were only for light loads,,

Headwall.jpg

If you want to lift something heavy,, and have better control, hooks "BEHIND" the bucket are better.

Headwall5.jpg

Headwall4.jpg

I was getting ready to set this concrete headwall at the end of my culvert. It weighs about 2,000 pounds.

Hanging off the front of the bucket, the further out geometry of the lift made maneuvering the tractor difficult.

In close, with the hooks behind the bucket, worked better.
PLUS, if I choose, I can drop the bucket, and still lift.

With the bucket off, the lift capacity of the loader is greatly increased.

/ Bucket Hooks with D-Rings
I always felt "D" rings, and hooks on top of the bucket were only for light loads,,

View attachment 826362

If you want to lift something heavy,, and have better control, hooks "BEHIND" the bucket are better.

View attachment 826363

View attachment 826365

I was getting ready to set this concrete headwall at the end of my culvert. It weighs about 2,000 pounds.

Hanging off the front of the bucket, the further out geometry of the lift made maneuvering the tractor difficult.

In close, with the hooks behind the bucket, worked better.
PLUS, if I choose, I can drop the bucket, and still lift.

With the bucket off, the lift capacity of the loader is greatly increased.

Thanks for your advice. That’s what I’m going to do!👍🏻☮️✌🏻

/ Bucket Hooks with D-Rings #15  
I got Ken's BOH with the shackles underneath, and they're the cat's meeeeooooow.

Attachments

• PXL_20230709_203450933.jpg
    PXL_20230709_203450933.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 69
   / Bucket Hooks with D-Rings #16  
I got Ken's BOH with the shackles underneath, and they're the cat's meeeeooooow.

Nice- that's a lot heavier duty with forged shackles.

Way back, and hopefully still, Bolt On Hooks published their significant mechanical testing for their designs. IIRC, they even tested the pull strength of their 2 bolt clamping arrangement on the bucket's sheet metal.