Brush Rake?

/ Brush Rake? #11  
Maybe use a chain with a slip hook for the stuck ones.

/ Brush Rake? #12  
I dont know anyone that calls a 600sq ft area a field?

Heck I just built a 20x32 garage that is more square footage that that....and its a small garage....

SO.....I am gonna assume the latter and that you meant a 600 ft SQUARE which is indeed about 8 acres.

For starters, I think the tractor you have is plenty big enough....IF IT HAD A LOADER.

Not having a loader is problematic.....because you cannot lift/carry anything and it has you running over all of the debris/brush. No way would I run over 4" downed limbs with a BX. Not only is it gonna be rough....but potential damage to the underside of the machine.

The problem with anything behind the 3PH is not only running over the debris....but there really isnt a tool that is effective. Landscape rakes and the like ....once they fill up start spilling debris out the sides....as well as it will occasionally catch a stick wrong.....and jump up over it and lose some more. You would literally spend a week or better.

Id suggest renting a skidloader for a day with a grapple if you want it cleared. But would also help to know what the future of this 8-acres is going to be?

/ Brush Rake? #13  
Maybe use a chain with a slip hook for the stuck ones.
If you pull from the drawbar at any but a very SLOW pace and the towed load encounters an immovable object, a half buried boulder, a stump, etc., the tractor will go vertical in one second, faster than most people can get off the throttle pedal. Sometimes the tractor topples over backwards.

I personally experienced this situation when towing tree debris behind my first tractor, a 2,000 pound bare weight 4-WD Deere 750 without a loader.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 11.16.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 11.16.05 AM.png
    127.6 KB · Views: 95

Last edited:
   / Brush Rake? #14  
A 3 point field cultivator would work or even a diamond arrow do pick up a bit of branches until it is full of them, then it doesn't it need to be empty and you are good again.

/ Brush Rake? #15  
If you pull from the drawbar at any but a very SLOW pace and the towed load encounters an immovable object, a half buried boulder, a stump, etc., the tractor will go vertical in one second, faster than most people can get off the throttle pedal. Sometimes the tractor topples over backwards.

I personally learned of this situation when towing tree debris behind my first tractor, a 2,000 pound bare weight 4-WD Deere 750 without a loader.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 11.16.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 11.16.05 AM.png
    127.6 KB · Views: 95
You got that a little bit backwards. The drawbar is down at or below the axle, so that's where you don't have the problem. Speed isn't in the equation, as far as tipping goes.

/ Brush Rake? #17  
BX doesn't weigh much so wouldn't take much of a buried limb or stump.......

/ Brush Rake? #18  
I jury rigged one myself.
Went to a Ritchie Bros auction. There were about 80 new pallet forks and nobody really interested.
The ones I got had the longer forks. I bought 10 sets at $40 each set.
I put the forks from 3 onto one frame. Few minor welds and it works great.
I sold the rest for a tidy sum.
Pictures please.

/ Brush Rake? #19  
You got that a little bit backwards. The drawbar is down at or below the axle, so that's where you don't have the problem. Speed isn't in the equation, as far as tipping goes.
Jake: It was my tractor. I was on my tractor pulling debris attached to the rear/center Deere drawbar. The tractor went completely vertical and stayed there. I fell off.

Later we secured a chain to the front end and pulled it back onto four wheels. Big crash. No damage.

You can theorize but in the real world this happens. Many instances of the early 2-WD Ford tractors toppling over backwards, without ROPS to protect the operators. (no FELs on the early Fords, relatively light gasoline engines in front. )

It the operator does not react instantly, the driven rear wheels keep rotating, driving the tractor over backwards.

Last edited:
   / Brush Rake? #20  
Jake: It was my tractor. I was on my tractor pulling debris. The tractor went completely vertical and stayed there. I fell off.

Later we secured a chain to the front end and pulled it back onto four wheels. Big crash. No damage.

You can theorize but in the real world this happens. Many instances of the early 2-WD Ford tractors going over, without ROPS to protect the operators. (no FELs on the early Fords)

It the operator is not fast, the driven rear wheels keep rotating, pushing the tractor over backwards.
That's why you have to pull from the drawbar, down below the axle. I agree, pulling from the wrong point up above the axle will help to cause the front to come up.