Brush hog accident(s)

/ Brush hog accident(s) #11  
If her sister was so distraught and upset, why in the hell was the woman homeless. How come the sister didn’t give her a place to stay. yeah right, family demands answers, the family was not there for the homeless woman. The family is wanting a paycheck and that’s all.

She left behind a 9y/o daughter she didnt see as well.. so, drugs. The picture shown obviously wasnt a recent one.

/ Brush hog accident(s) #12  
I've run over a lot of hidden stuff with a brush hog. Just this year I ran over a HD 4ft T post securely in the ground in 5-6ft weeds.
Made one heck of a racket. Luckily I was riding with one hand on the draft lever and damage to the machine was minimal.
The reason I'm bringin this up is a news story I just read here > California homeless woman killed in gruesome lawnmower mishap, family demands answers
Farmers run over deer all the time when rotary cutting high grass.

/ Brush hog accident(s) #13  
Also cats, birds on their nests, et.al.

When I was a kid some of my siblings and I were in the back of my uncle's IH Scout sitting on hay bales which wouldn't fit on the trailer. He was talking about things he's found in the bales... when he said "Snakes" every one of us jumped up. :D

/ Brush hog accident(s) #15  
I've broken one window on my home and put a pretty serious dent in the tailgate of my previous truck. Plus, I've also sucked in a rubber floor mat I accidentally left on the ground near my rear deck. Fun, fun.

Mike

/ Brush hog accident(s) #16  
We always tried to mow in June, before the weeds went to seed. The field will likely become a subdivision when my mother is done so I've changed my philosophy. I've done the critical parts already but most of the field is still waiting until after nesting season to be mowed. If I get it done by the end of August that will be soon enough.

I also have been mowing around some of the milkweed, which is enough to bring any real farmer out with pitchforks, tar and feathers. Yet there is nobody left to farm down there, what was farmland and forest as I was growing up is now residential.

/ Brush hog accident(s) #17  
I was cutting the lawn about 50+ feet from the barn with a push mower. One of us had lost a piece of steel about 5" long bent to a 90 degree. About as thick as my thumb. Something that would easily fit in the palm of your hand.
The blade sent it shooting across the yard about 3-4 feet off the ground. And wouldn't you know it, right through the middle of a 1 foot square window in the man door. 100 feet of barn, 16 foot high walls and one window.
Right through the middle. I watched it in slow motion from the initial clang to the crash of broken glass.
SOB!

/ Brush hog accident(s) #18  
homeowner accidents like this are common.... sometimes i wonder about flung objects when i pass the state hwy utility corridor mower crews as they mow (wouldn't have their job for nothing)

on the same subject, i fear those homeowners who incessantly mow their highway frontage feet from the traffic slipstream @ 55...i don't fear for my own safety, but theirs when i pass them

/ Brush hog accident(s) #20  

Unfortunately I had this happen to me 2 years ago, Very upset with myself. Didn't even see it. That nasty thud from mower was the giveaway
mostly happens to fawns hidden by mama does, happened to me once while mowing. i won't forget the faint scream as i passed over