Brown bear and cub video

/ Brown bear and cub video #1  

Sigarms

Tractor
F3080
To me, it's worth the watch. The agility and speed of these animals never ceases to amaze me. Nice drone camera work as well.

/ Brown bear and cub video #2  
Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

/ Brown bear and cub video #3  
That little guy got a heck of an education. There must be something good up there that is worth the effort. Thanks for sharing!

/ Brown bear and cub video #5  
I don't do veedeeeos but those flying toy things could be causing problems out there.

From the link above:

"The video, they say, was clearly captured by a drone. And in it, they saw the work of an irresponsible drone operator who, in trying to film the bears, drove them into a dangerous situation that almost cost the cub its life. “I found it really hard to watch,” says Sophie Gilbert, an ecologist at the University of Idaho who studies, among other things, how drones affect wildlife. “It showed a pretty stark lack of understanding from the drone operator of the effects that his actions were having on the bears.” (It wasn’t just scientists, either; several drone pilots were also dismayed by the footage.)"

"By harassing animals, drones can chase them into dangerous positions, as was the case with the bear cub. They can interrupt hunts, cause high levels of stress, chase animals over long distances, and drive them away from sources of food or parts of the landscape they depend upon. "

These silly flying toys are becoming more of a bane than a boom.

/ Brown bear and cub video #6  
I dont think those bears ever knew there was a drone.

/ Brown bear and cub video
I dont think those bears ever knew there was a drone.

Why would the mother be in such a rush and take her last cub up such a dangerous route?

Had my 45-70 for Alaska as well, but luckily never came across a brown bear by accident. Do know when I worked in the Caribbean as a diver that many tourists had no problem breaking the rules (long time over 30 years ago) about coming into direct contact with the aquatic life.

Generally speaking, people think of animals in the wild the way their view their pets. Human interaction with wild animals can be very dangerous for numerous reasons and the results may not be immediate (genearlly speaking, more dangerous for the animal).

After reading the article and then reviewing the video, it makes sense to me why I kind of scratching my head in the first place per the situation to begin with the bears.

/ Brown bear and cub video #8  
Sometimes, those animals are at a fine line of energy usage to survive, and something like this could put them over the edge, so to speak.

/ Brown bear and cub video #9  
Not to worry.

[video]https://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch-trained-eagle-snatches-drones-from-the-sky/[/video]