Broken Spindle

/ Broken Spindle
Actually, I had been digging with the hoe and it fell off when I turned around and took the front end weight off the loader bucket. Admittedly I have overloaded the machine, if you look back I think there might be some photos of huge rocks in the front bucket. Looking at the broken ends it showed signs of being partially broken for some time, maybe even before I got the machine. I wasn't upset it broke, I routinely overwork this little machine as most here probably do and understand things break on old tools. I was just disappointed by the price for such a simple part. However credit must be given that Terramite is still supporting at least to some degree, a machine that old.

I looked back and didn't find the photos. So here is what I'm talking about.
100_5396_zpsd946eb34.jpg
100_5401_zpsb303caaf.jpg
100_5398_zpseee69241.jpg

/ Broken Spindle #12  
Looks like some of the rocks I picked up with my BX2350. :shocked:

/ Broken Spindle
Ok, Looks like the spindle I made from scratch lasted through 5 years of abuse on my rocky ground. It broke yesterday. I took my own advise and went with the trailer spindle from Northern Tool this time. Pretty happy with the out come. 4 wheels on the ground and sitting nice again. you can see the part number in the photos if I can remember how to post them.
fullsizeoutput_123c.jpegfullsizeoutput_123b.jpegfullsizeoutput_123e.jpeg

/ Broken Spindle #14  
This is good to know... Thanks for posting the info...

/ Broken Spindle
All the positive camber must be for easier manual steering?fullsizeoutput_1242.jpeg But it complicates building the spindle.