Backhoe Broken Joystick after 10 Hours (GC1725M/CB65)

/ Broken Joystick after 10 Hours (GC1725M/CB65)
It's not a bad idea - I'd like to have some "field replacements" so I don't have to leave a 20` trench in my yard for two weeks.

/ Broken Joystick after 10 Hours (GC1725M/CB65)
I did hear back from AGCO on the part...

Hi Steven,

This is the answer we received back on joystick from parts tech;

There is a redesign coming, but we now have no solid date for release. So in the meantime,
the best course of action we have had so far is to take one of the old screw type joystick pivots and add a spring pin as shown in the attached. This is only assuming they have an old screw pivot available from a possible past failure. The part numbers are the same between both screw type and die cast type pivots (AL4500022).
(tt/svc) see attachment

2020-05-08_08-19-12.png

/ Broken Joystick after 10 Hours (GC1725M/CB65) #24  
If I were you, I'd submit a copy of your MF dealer's "transport fees" to AGCO for reimbursement and let them know they should cover ALL THE COSTS until the redesigned part is installed and proven to not be another failure part.

KC

/ Broken Joystick after 10 Hours (GC1725M/CB65) #25  
If I were you, I'd submit a copy of your MF dealer's "transport fees" to AGCO for reimbursement and let them know they should cover ALL THE COSTS until the redesigned part is installed and proven to not be another failure part.

KC
A waste of time.
Pick up, delivery and service calls are not covered by this warranty. Standard language in every brands warranty documents.

/ Broken Joystick after 10 Hours (GC1725M/CB65) #26  
A waste of time.
Pick up, delivery and service calls are not covered by this warranty. Standard language in every brands warranty documents.

An exception can only be authorized if requested from a customer in a timely manner.

All I know is if you do not even ask for a requested reimbursement with documentation, then you will never get one.

KC

/ Broken Joystick after 10 Hours (GC1725M/CB65) #27  
A waste of time.

Agreed, pickup and delivery is at stealerships discretion. It has nothing to do with the manufacturer.

/ Broken Joystick after 10 Hours (GC1725M/CB65) #28  
I had the same issue happen to me yesterday. I do not think I was being very hard on it. The dealership ordered a replacement part for me, and hopefully they won't try to charge me. I'm at 50 hours with a a lot of backhoe use so far. Judging by the dark spots, it seems like there is casting issue.

You also should let the dealership know of that e-mail form AGCO. Also, put AGCO and the GM of the dealership on the same e-mail expressing your discontent with their service. In the tractor world it seems like the dealer you buy your equipment from is more important than the brand itself.

20200515_142851.jpg

/ Broken Joystick after 10 Hours (GC1725M/CB65) #29  
I had the same issue happen to me yesterday. I do not think I was being very hard on it. The dealership ordered a replacement part for me, and hopefully they won't try to charge me. I'm at 50 hours with a a lot of backhoe use so far. Judging by the dark spots, it seems like there is casting issue.

You also should let the dealership know of that e-mail form AGCO. Also, put AGCO and the GM of the dealership on the same e-mail expressing your discontent with their service. In the tractor world it seems like the dealer you buy your equipment from is more important than the brand itself.

View attachment 655733

First new tractor purchase that I've ever made and this just happened to me tonight. I have 10.7 hours on the clock. I contacted my dealer and am waiting for a response. Seems to be an inferior part design. Currently worried if they will void the warranty knowing that I determined what the problem was myself.

/ Broken Joystick after 10 Hours (GC1725M/CB65) #30  
First new tractor purchase that I've ever made and this just happened to me tonight. I have 10.7 hours on the clock. I contacted my dealer and am waiting for a response. Seems to be an inferior part design. Currently worried if they will void the warranty knowing that I determined what the problem was myself.

To follow up with this. My dealer came right out and fixed it. They also replaced the other one as well even though it wasn't broken. They said this is happening to a lot of people. However, they replaced the part with the same one that came out. Not sure if this will resurface in the near future though.