British Flat Face to NPTF

/ British Flat Face to NPTF #1  

94BULLITT

Tractor
yes
I am looking for a couple of adapter fittings. I need one that is male #8 British flat face to 3/4 male NPT and another one that is female #8 British flat face to 3/4 male NPT. Anybody know where I can find them? Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
   / British Flat Face to NPTF #2  
I was in the mechanical trades most of my working career, and I had no idea what (male) NPTF is. Had to look it up. National Pipe Tapered Fuel. And I thought I was the master of esoterica.

I bow down to the new master.

Wouldn't NPT work? Sounds like NPTF is a PITA, same problems as screwed stainless steel pipe threads.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_pipe_thread

/ British Flat Face to NPTF #3  
You'll have to know if your British threads are tapered or parallel. It's obvious if you look closely. You might try Malone Specialty. On their site go to products/industrial/then online catalog. Its worth a try.

They also have thread identifying help.

Industrial and Transportation Products | Malone Specialty Inc.

/ British Flat Face to NPTF
I was in the mechanical trades most of my working career, and I had no idea what (male) NPTF is. Had to look it up. National Pipe Tapered Fuel. And I thought I was the master of esoterica.

I bow down to the new master.

Wouldn't NPT work? Sounds like NPTF is a PITA, same problems as screwed stainless steel pipe threads.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_pipe_thread

I meant NPT.

You'll have to know if your British threads are tapered or parallel. It's obvious if you look closely. You might try Malone Specialty. On their site go to products/industrial/then online catalog. Its worth a try.

They also have thread identifying help.

Industrial and Transportation Products | Malone Specialty Inc.

I was looking at their site earlier and did not see anything. I may give them a call.

/ British Flat Face to NPTF #5  
Maybe someone in the know can steer you in the right direction. I'm glad the ones on my IH backhoe and New Holland Skid steer are something more common. My brother has a Russian Belarus and it has British Standard Parallel Pipe threads BSPP, on it for the Aux Hydraulics. He adapted it to something else so he could find fittings easier.

/ British Flat Face to NPTF #6  
Never heard of British flat face. Is that the same as British Standard Parallel Pipe threads BSPP?

I change my IH over from BSPT to JIC 15 years ago. Was not that hard to find them in Dallas. About 20% of the hydraulic shops had a good assortment of adaptors. I can't recall who I used.

/ British Flat Face to NPTF #8  
Flat Face Fittings
The BSP and SAE Standard Flat face fittings have an O-ring groove in the male end. The thread form is shown in Chart #2 & Chart #7. The BSP version is used on Hiab cranes and loaders.

I got this from the Malone site I referenced above and thats the only mention of any flat face fittings that I have heard of.:confused3: When you go to the chart only BSPP and BSPT are shown just like everyone has mentioned. I have no clue, of course I'm no hydraulic man. Sorry no help.

/ British Flat Face to NPTF
I also have not heard of British flat face but the British taper and parallel fitting can be found at British Standard Pipe Tapered ( BSPT ) -- Tapered British Pipe thread fittings and Bspp fittings, British standard pipe respectively.

Are British flat face like our ORFS fittings? Flat with an O-ring in the face of the fitting?

Yes, they look like just like ORFS fittings.

I got this from the Malone site I referenced above and thats the only mention of any flat face fittings that I have heard of.:confused3: When you go to the chart only BSPP and BSPT are shown just like everyone has mentioned. I have no clue, of course I'm no hydraulic man. Sorry no help.

I found a female British flat face to male NPT fitting made by gates. I might try to call Malone later, I wonder if they are open.

/ British Flat Face to NPTF #10  
O-ring fitting are some of the best.
Why would you want a pipe fitting?

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

New 10' Work Bench with 18 Drawers & 2 Cabinets (A34302)
New 10' Work Bench...
YAMAHA KODIAK 450 4 WHEELER, (HAS BEEN SITTING FOR 3 YEARS) NO TITLE (A34808)
YAMAHA KODIAK 450...
2018 PAVEMASTER 314 TOW TYPE PAVER, S/N 2314722, HOUR METER READS 00237 HRS (A34808)
2018 PAVEMASTER...
4858 6120M JOHN DEERE C/A MFD 24 SPEED PQ 480/80R38 3435HRS 2017 MODEL 3435 S/N:1L06120MEHG898195 (A34733)
4858 6120M JOHN...
100 GALLON TRANSFER TANK... (A34808)
100 GALLON...
New MIVA Tilting Excavator Bucket 40" (A34302)
New MIVA Tilting...