Bridge 4's 2638 HST CAB B.S. and ?? Thread

/ Bridge 4's 2638 HST CAB B.S. and ?? Thread #71  
I was going the pole barn route but it was going to cost about 5 grand more, Iwas looking last night at the metal garages and it seems they have gone up as much as 2 grand since i bought last sept.

/ Bridge 4's 2638 HST CAB B.S. and ?? Thread #72  
With lumber prices so high right now im afraid stick built would be crazy high now to , 2x4sare 7.50 here and osb 25 bucks a sheet.

/ Bridge 4's 2638 HST CAB B.S. and ?? Thread
With lumber prices so high right now im afraid stick built would be crazy high now to , 2x4sare 7.50 here and osb 25 bucks a sheet.

Just finished up a home for the MIL. Built a home for the wife and I last year, materials are up about 30-40%. Really hurt the budget, but had to get MIL in before Christmas, so full speed ahead....

doubt the prices will ever drop either.

/ Bridge 4's 2638 HST CAB B.S. and ?? Thread #74  
We'll be looking to build a building in the near future. I'm thinking along the lines of a metal commercial grade structure (actual I beams), four or five bays with living quarters above some of the bays. Have yet to obtain quotes as we're just in the "initial stages". Any thoughts / suggestions in buildings, etc.?

Thanks,

Chris

We'll be looking to build a building in the near future. I'm thinking along the lines of a metal commercial grade structure (actual I beams), four or five bays with living quarters above some of the bays. Have yet to obtain quotes as we're just in the "initial stages". Any thoughts / suggestions in buildings, etc.?

Thanks,

Chris

I am not far enough along to have much good advice I'm sorry to say.

Hey All,

Just wanted to do a little update, and add a tid-bit of info that I think might help someone in the future.

So I'm almost 150 hours right now, I'd say 80-100 of those are in the snow. Its done a great job powering my snow push and my blower these past two winters, I'm very happy with the set up. Sure, an extra 50 hp and a huge blower would be faster, but this gets the job done and I don't go so fast I get in trouble, and I can fit in tight areas with it.

I've also been in the woods, dragged logs, raked driveways, loaded compost to spread and used my pallets to do all sorts of great things!

If I had to give this tractor a rating I'd give it a solid 10, I've really been very happy. I've had two "issues" and both were somewhat my fault, well 1 was 100% my fault! My dealer has been good, even dealing with my when I've been a little "pissy" in the heat of the moment. Sure some parts i've wanted have taken a little while to get here, but get here they do.

So my little tip, and this is shown on youtube, so I stole it.

When I was cruising between properties I put my 3 pt up and it got stuck! Well I didn't need it so "whatever" then looked online a few days later. It got stuck because the speed adjustment knob was turned to "lock"! So it wasn't stuck, it was doing what it was supposed to! All I had to do was adjust the knob back to a faster setting and I was in action.

A couple of things I need to look into:

1) My radio is out, I did put in aftermarket loud speakers, so maybe I blew the fuse, been lazy looking at that.

2) I crashed and hit my connex box, shattering a door (this was the issue that was 100% my fault lol) and in that crash I also damaged my rear work light and the roof a little. I have patched the roof, but want to replace all the lights with nice LED's for snowblowing/roadside visibility. I think I will do that some point this summer.

I will be building a shop (so excited) this spring, and will do the 150 hour service in there. I will document it, most likely on a separate thread but will link it in this as well. I have found a few of my others have helped since there are limited tutorials out there for our tractors. So I will keep doing them.

Just poking in after a long absence. Just did an oil change at 200 hours, I'm probably at 210. No issues in between, had a few kids since the last posting and the older one loves riding up and down the highway and all over the property with me. Going to need to get a bigger one with a buddy seat soon!

I'm back! 320 hours, and still running strong. About to do the 350 hour service in a few weeks as spring kicks up as I have to do the work outdoors. Going to order a filter kit off of bills tractors soon.

Recent changes:
Hydraulic top link- coming in the mail tomorrow
Speeco Quick hitch
Woods GSS72P Land plane

The speeco hitch is great, but I'll be honest there was a bit of a learning curve, mainly on hitching the top link of the quick hitch to my implements. A little adjustment and it is great. The hydraulic top link that is coming should really help with that.

The land plane was used for the first time today, and overall I am really happy with it. I used it on a more dirt/gravel road and on my gravel driveway. When it gets full or is pulling up an incline, the tractor really is pushed to its limit and I had to slow a bit, but on flats it did well. It works much better in gravel than it does mud/dirt as well. I am excited for the hydraulic top link because it will make adjusting it much easier too, no jumping in and out.

Overall- I still really like this tractor. The only thing I would change is if I originally went slightly larger, maybe a 45-50hp. There are VERY few times when I could use a little more push or pull. But for 95% of my tasks it does great and the size is perfect for my woods trails. I am coming up on 5 years of ownership this fall/winter I believe, and it feels like its only a few years old. Been outside most its life and very little signs expect for some lightening of the color on the roof, but no one sees that.

Realize my post from a few years ago. Some updates, my radio went out because the battery couldn't fully power it, a bigger battery fixed that, been trouble free. I never built the shop, we bought a cabin instead. Still want the shop tho! I also replaced my broken door, it was about 800 dollars, but super easy to do.

Anyways, hope you all are doing well and your Mahindra's are relatively trouble free.