Brass fitting safe to use with diesel

/ Brass fitting safe to use with diesel #1  

Clove

Tractor
Branson 3510i
Branson 3510i, plastic nipple on the left side fuel tank broke off from the tank. Dunno how it happened...guessing snow/ice chunk might have caught it when I was snow blowing. Anyways, got the tank removed and looking to make a repair. Was thinking I'd drill the hole out, tap it/thread it and use a 5/16" barbed x ¼" MPT brass fitting with some 5 min epoxy to set it. I know the tank has to be impeccably clean for this to work, but when researching to see if a brass fitting would be ok to use, I'm getting very conflicting information...some say no problem at all, others say never use brass. So what gives? I was hoping to run down to the local Home Depot to pick up a fitting tomorrow and get the repair done...now I'm not so sure. Any advice appreciated.

/ Brass fitting safe to use with diesel #3  
Nothing wrong with brass. Just don't use it on the high pressure side to the diesel fuel system.

/ Brass fitting safe to use with diesel #4  
Diesel fuel : many years ago corrosive to copper. I no longer think this is the case . I have a brass 45* ell and short stub of copper attached to fuel line on my Power Wagon with 4BT Cummins , 145 K miles and still running at this moment .

You be the judge if it’s ok to use on a tractor

/ Brass fitting safe to use with diesel #5  
You can read this site: IMHO brass will work with
no problems and its cheaper than SS and no spark

willy

/ Brass fitting safe to use with diesel #6  
There's brass fittings on my Ford 3000, been there quite a while, no issue.