Branson/TYM

/ Branson/TYM #21  
I have ballast (Rimguard) in my rear tires, and I always have something on the 3 pt hitch as well. I do various odd loader work and randomly have to lift objects from the "not very heavy" class, all the way up to the "nope, can't lift this one" class. Currently the heaviest 3 pt attachment I have is my 6' snow blower, which weighs almost 800 lbs. If I had a "max" lift to do, I would want either that one, or my 6' mower on back. Not that the mower is much heavier, but with the center of the weight so far back on the mower, it acts on the tractor frame like a much heavier weight would up close. There's just not always room to do the lift and carry with that much length sticking off of the back of the tractor.

I have never once regretted having my rear tires filled, but I do have to be cognizant on where I drive it and what is on or under the surface. Case in point, I cannot drive over my septic field, it would crush the field pipes just under ground.

I do know how much mine weighs. I weighed it on a local CAT scale soon after purchase. With the FEL and bucket on front, and my 6' box blade on back, with I believe a full tank of fuel, it weighs 7100 lbs.

I have really enjoyed the simplicity of not having any "Tier-Any" emissions garbage on my tractor. Once I freed myself of the emissions problems, it's never needed to go back to a shop or dealer for anything. In March, it will be 7 years old, it's paid for, and it just keeps chugging along. I never once considered "resale" value when purchasing my tractor. Like someone else said, "It's a tool, not an investment."

I can see myself adding a sub compact to the "fleet" at some point. I wouldn't replace the Branson with it, but sooner or later my riding mower is going to need replacement. I can see the value of a sub compact with FEL and belly mower to take the place of the riding mower. Mrs Slim is intimidated by the size of the Branson (still) and not at all comfortable running it. I think a smaller SCUT that she can run and use for gardening, pulling a small trailer, and having a lighter FEL for potting soil or mulch, etc would be handy to have around.
Which Branson model do you have that was 7100#?

/ Branson/TYM #22  
Which Branson model do you have that was 7100#?
The one in my profile. It's a 3725 CH (cabbed hydro).

The bare chassis weight is 4200 lbs, by the time you add a FEL, standard bucket, fill the rear tires with Rimguard, and a 6' box blade on the 3 pt hitch, it weighs 7100 lbs.

/ Branson/TYM #23  
Hell my ROPS non ballasted 4820 is 5800lbs with the tiller on the back. I use the tiller a lot, and it's very compact weight added to the rear

/ Branson/TYM #24  
I got the T574. It has some standard features that were not available on the 5520. Clover did a good job of explaining the advantages of the 20 series.

Engine and ECM wise, they are the same.

The 494/574 models have the 3pt adjustment lever in back and come with 2 sets of rear remotes standard. The new ones also added a light and speaker set on the ROPs. The 3rd function is kind of pre-wired and has the buttons already on the joystick. These have slightly better lift numbers, but the 20 has better flow.

TYM has owned Branson for a few years. They just got the name consolidation done a year ago. The Branson name is officially gone, but you still see some.

/ Branson/TYM #25  
Are the lights and speakers standard? Truly I cant listen to speakers over the sound of the tractor at PTO rpm

/ Branson/TYM #27  
I use a worktunes headset streaming from my phone when I’m doing work for hours like rotary cutting.
I also use ANR… it’s so quiet. When I was a kid I did hours of tillage with an open station Farmall 826 with the big box radio set to max in front of me. I don’t want to know how many DB that was…. But back then I loved it

/ Branson/TYM #28  
The one in my profile. It's a 3725 CH (cabbed hydro).

The bare chassis weight is 4200 lbs, by the time you add a FEL, standard bucket, fill the rear tires with Rimguard, and a 6' box blade on the 3 pt hitch, it weighs 7100 lbs.
They must not make that model anymore?

/ Branson/TYM #30  
They stopped selling the 25 series (3725 and 4425) after only a few years. They were not all that different from the 20 series, just a few more features. The 3520 (now 3620) was the most different from the 3725 since the 3725 is a 2.1 liter four cylinder and the 3520 is a 1.7 liter three. But they were the same size and had similar features. The two 25 series had the same engine as the 4520 with slightly smaller bores for a bit less displacement. The 4225 was the 3725 with the pump turned up for 5hp more.