Branson brand to be discontinued?

/ Branson brand to be discontinued? #41  
After talking to my dealer today he says everything is tight lipped but everything seems to point to keeping the Branson line and rebadging them as TYM, They definatly wanted the engines, manufacturing capabilities and Branson reliability and build quality.

Last edited:
   / Branson brand to be discontinued? #42  
There's a dealer from MO on the FB Branson group who has a picture of a "Branson Dealer lighted sign" for sale-no other comments in the ad. The sign is laying against a tree, not out on a building or pole.

/ Branson brand to be discontinued? #43  
There's a dealer from MO on the FB Branson group who has a picture of a "Branson Dealer lighted sign" for sale-no other comments in the ad. The sign is laying against a tree, not out on a building or pole.
So how much does he want for it?

I don't do Facebook.

/ Branson brand to be discontinued? #44  
Doesn't say. I don't do a lot of things.

/ Branson brand to be discontinued? #45  
The cost of that sign was $300 and it was the old style sign with the Red and Yellow colours instead of the Red and White.

/ Branson brand to be discontinued? #46  
Afternoon everyone, i couldn't comment until now for legal reasons, but since I'm no longer bound by that agreement with Branson i can inform you guys of what i know to be true.
first let me say while this did come as a shock initially once is was explained to me what was actually going to happen it made a lot more sense.
So as we are all aware TYM completed is purchase of kukje motors at the end of the last few years, initially we were told that they would be keeping the lines of equipment separate until they finished going over everything dealing with the purchase and all their numbers regarding that purchase, well they have finished that an to no ones surprise they do plan to consolidate the lines into one tractor line however, they are not doing away with branson for the proceeding future they will still be Branson Tractors, however they will be Branson by TYM until such time that they determine if the lines will merge completely or if they will keep some models and do away with others or if they keep them all, basically nothing changes except the badging and possibly the coloring of the tractor to match the current TYM line up. they will still be honoring all equipment for warranties, parts, and services sold within the last 12 years, i cant say the same on the older century models that were made or sold before that year mark as they just haven't said yet, so I'm not sure but i would suspect they plan to honor those as well.
so all in all it isn't a rumor but at the same time nothing is going to change service and support wise, which for me was the part i was worried about the most especially with their previous histories with their other branded models( I'm looking at you Cabela's)
so to sum everything up - yes they are changing things but to what extent and how long until that occurs isn't known yet.
I will provide updates on this as we receive them, but this is what i know so far.

/ Branson brand to be discontinued? #47  
The question is, which color red will survive?

Afternoon everyone, i couldn't comment until now for legal reasons, but since I'm no longer bound by that agreement with Branson i can inform you guys of what i know to be true. ....
... basically nothing changes except the badging and possibly the coloring of the tractor to match the current TYM line up. ,,,,
TYM Red it is!

/ Branson brand to be discontinued? #48  
I Hope TYM leaves some Branson things intact- like the heavy duty castings / weight, the high FEL capabilities, steel body panels, 8 lug rear axles-not six, simple electronics, and doesn't decide to "improve" these things.

/ Branson brand to be discontinued? #49  
Afternoon everyone, i couldn't comment until now for legal reasons, but since I'm no longer bound by that agreement with Branson i can inform you guys of what i know to be true.
first let me say while this did come as a shock initially once is was explained to me what was actually going to happen it made a lot more sense.
So as we are all aware TYM completed is purchase of kukje motors at the end of the last few years, initially we were told that they would be keeping the lines of equipment separate until they finished going over everything dealing with the purchase and all their numbers regarding that purchase, well they have finished that an to no ones surprise they do plan to consolidate the lines into one tractor line however, they are not doing away with branson for the proceeding future they will still be Branson Tractors, however they will be Branson by TYM until such time that they determine if the lines will merge completely or if they will keep some models and do away with others or if they keep them all, basically nothing changes except the badging and possibly the coloring of the tractor to match the current TYM line up. they will still be honoring all equipment for warranties, parts, and services sold within the last 12 years, i cant say the same on the older century models that were made or sold before that year mark as they just haven't said yet, so I'm not sure but i would suspect they plan to honor those as well.
so all in all it isn't a rumor but at the same time nothing is going to change service and support wise, which for me was the part i was worried about the most especially with their previous histories with their other branded models( I'm looking at you Cabela's)
so to sum everything up - yes they are changing things but to what extent and how long until that occurs isn't known yet.
I will provide updates on this as we receive them, but this is what i know so far.
Asteral,

I'm sure no one here wants to see you in a "tight spot" with the legal department.

Thank you for all you do to provide us with parts and information. We appreciate it very much.

/ Branson brand to be discontinued? #50  
I Hope TYM leaves some Branson things intact- like the heavy duty castings / weight, the high FEL capabilities, steel body panels, 8 lug rear axles-not six, simple electronics, and doesn't decide to "improve" these things.
likely depends on your idea of improvement, change generally happens for a reason but on the other hand engineering is a compromise.

having a deutz tractor (now part of SDF group) i can see influences from both the deutz (Engine) and SAME ( chassis) lines. Even a little bit of the lamborghini styling in the fenders and bonnet etc. So in summary in mergers and acquisitions they tend to rationalize the bits from each line to produce machines that benefit from the combined R&D. in other equipment heavy duty castings tend to give way to fabricated components as they have better input into the mechanical strength of parts and can use less iron. of course with a tractor its not such an issue because the extra weight can be beneficial as its effectively ballast. but thats not to say you still dont have to pay for it.

electronics is an interesting area, the actual hardware can be relatively simple between lines ( same IO, CPU , etc.... ) but its the software that begins to get pretty complex. this brings with its own complexities and also changes the paradigm a bit where tractor firms are looking to move to a subscription model to maintain the staffing expertise in this area.

working in the controls area myself and looking at all the licensing requirements that the place i work for definitely exposes me to the potential financial pitfalls these models can incur. you can likely compare the models to a motorcycle versus a horse. wife has a horse that requires same maintenance/ ongoing expense regardless if she rides it or not. my motorbike on the other hand if iam not using it i can wheel to the back of the shed and it virtually costs me nothing intil i start putting hours on it again. will be interesting to say the least to see where this issue goes.

fwiw i have a very basic tractor with lever operated hydraulics but i have placed my own modest tech upgrades on it mainly by way of an android head unit (gps field assistance) , linear actuators for euro hitch release, and LED lighting upgrades which are all supported by myself using relatively generic tech. something breaks or fails and i can just replace it with a generic part rather than requiring a costly OEM product.

i think the koreans (daedong/Tong Yang Moolsan) are still to move wholeheartedly to more automated products compared to european and american manufacturers in this field. even their instrumentation consoles still mailly consist of analog guages and lamp indications still. but with their later models requiring tier 4 euro compliance iam seeing a trend with the engines at least to be CPU managed rather than the good old mechanical fuel delivery.