Brake light stays on CASE 580L

/ Brake light stays on CASE 580L #1  

WxMan85

Tractor
CASE 580L Kioti CK30
Hello all! I have a Case 580L that I just bought a week ago. I have gone thru the wiring and instrument panel to fix some corrosion and foggy instrument panel screen. I had to replace a few of the bulbs and now (and could have been this way before I bought it) the light on the instrument panel for the parking break that is next to the loader control stays on. I know that the hand brake is releasing, as I have put wheels up in the air and locked and released the tires spinning by hand while engaging and disengaging the brake. I want to dive into the break light switch down on the rear end, but wanted to see if anyone has had this issue before, and what was the fix. Any advice on what to look for would be great!

Also I took the wire off of the fuel tank and put it to ground and the fuel gauge drops to empty, but when I put it back to center bolt the gauge says full and will bounce around like crazy, I believe that means the sending unit in the tank is bad, but once again I don't want to assume anything. Would love some advice on that as well. God bless, and thanks in advance!!

/ Brake light stays on CASE 580L #2  
Have you checked your ground wiring for corrosion in and under the cab? I have had similar warning light issues and after confirming there was no problem, I usually found a bad ground.
Have a tractor that was used in snow/salt and although in excellent condition, the main cab ground was corroded. Once fixed, the dash light gremlins went away.

/ Brake light stays on CASE 580L #3  
Prety sure this is the switch location if you're not sure where to look.It's #26 in the exploded view here: CASE CE | Schematic, Manuals, Specifications and Diagrams for rear drive axle, parking brake | MyCNHi US Store

It may just be corroded and stuck in the on position. Might try some penetrant on it to try and free it up, as they are rather pricey. CASE CE | Switch | 280450A1 | MyCNHi US Store

This is the part number,

280450A1​

You may want to try and do a search on ebay if it needs replaced, or you want to replace it. I did see a NOS one doing a Google search for around $85. Joseph Industries Remanufactured Transmissions, Torque Converters, Engines - Joseph Industries also shows it in stock, but no price. Just have to call. I've bought a lot of parts from Joseph Ind for my old 480C and they seem to be pretty decent aftermarket parts. I replaced most of the brake system on my 480C with parts from them back in 2012, and they still work great.

/ Brake light stays on CASE 580L
Have you checked your ground wiring for corrosion in and under the cab? I have had similar warning light issues and after confirming there was no problem, I usually found a bad ground.
Have a tractor that was used in snow/salt and although in excellent condition, the main cab ground was corroded. Once fixed, the dash light gremlins went away.
Great info, I will for sure have to check that out!! Sorry for the delayed response, we all got pretty sick and are all just now starting to feel human again.... I will post what I find out when I find it.

/ Brake light stays on CASE 580L
Prety sure this is the switch location if you're not sure where to look.It's #26 in the exploded view here: CASE CE | Schematic, Manuals, Specifications and Diagrams for rear drive axle, parking brake | MyCNHi US Store

It may just be corroded and stuck in the on position. Might try some penetrant on it to try and free it up, as they are rather pricey. CASE CE | Switch | 280450A1 | MyCNHi US Store

This is the part number,

280450A1​

You may want to try and do a search on ebay if it needs replaced, or you want to replace it. I did see a NOS one doing a Google search for around $85. Joseph Industries Remanufactured Transmissions, Torque Converters, Engines - Joseph Industries also shows it in stock, but no price. Just have to call. I've bought a lot of parts from Joseph Ind for my old 480C and they seem to be pretty decent aftermarket parts. I replaced most of the brake system on my 480C with parts from them back in 2012, and they still work great.
Thank you for that ground work (yes, there may be a pun intended there)! I will look at it and check it out. I just ordered a factory service manual and searchable usb so I am fairly confident that we as a collective group and myself armed with a shop manual we will figure this out. I was reading today about the fluid level can cause this light to be on as well, so fingers crossed its a corroded ground, or stuck switch, if not, we will surely figure it out!!

Sorry for the delayed response, we just got over being pretty sick, so hoping to get after it!!