Brake Light? B7800

/ Brake Light? B7800 #1  

biffnh

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800, RTV400ci, John Deere Gator 4x2, Kubota RTV X1100C
I want to install a light in the dash (one of the empty spaces) which will warn us when the brakes have been set. One of the operators is somewhat disabled and doesn't have the leg strength to really set the brake. As a result he can easily run around with the brake on. Mechanically it is easy to set a switch, but I am having trouble figuring out how to get into the "dash" board. Anyone have experience and hints as to how to get into the idiot light cluster? ALSO, how much mass should be used in a 3 pt ballast box for use with a FEL?

Thanks.

/ Brake Light? B7800 #2  
biffnh

I removed the dash to install a tilt-meter on my B2910.

There are 2 little notches in the dash where the gauge assembly meets the black cowling in front of the gauges. Stick a screwdriver in the notches and twist to pop the gauge assembly loose from the cowling. Be careful the plastic is soft and is easily marked. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

There is a rubber grommet around the steering wheel that will have to be fitted into place when the gauges are put back in place.

/ Brake Light? B7800
Thanks Ron,
I did try what you suggested before I wrote my inquiry and because the pastic seemed soft and nothing happened I thought I would ask. Now that you have confirmed what i thought I will go back at it with a bit more determination!

I'lll try it this week.

Biff

/ Brake Light? B7800 #4  
Biff, I thought (think?) the B2910 is the same as the B2710 in that regard, and if so, there is one big screw on top, right in the middle that you need to remove first. Of course, the B2910 may not have on like my B2710 did.

/ Brake Light? B7800
I did get the instrument cluster off as Ron suggested. It is somewhat of a strange way to pop it off, but it worked. The lamps sit in a neat twist lamp holder and there are indeed a number of blanks. Even the blanks are "wired" in as part of a printed circuit board. Kunbota must use the same circuit board for a number of other models with more lamps.
Thanks for the advice everyone!

/ Brake Light? B7800 #6  
I take it that you didn't have to remove the entire black cowling?

It sounds like you've got a big head start on the brake light project if the lamp positions are already wired... Does it look like you are going to be able to make it work?