Brake Cable Adjustment Zero Turn

/ Brake Cable Adjustment Zero Turn #1  

Hexa Fox

Silver Member
Tractor
Wishing
Hey guys,

This year I noticed that my mower was moving around a little on my trailer and when I apply the brake on an incline it also moves. I started looking around and noticed that one of the cables is rather loose. As you can see I attempted to tighten it but it does not seem like it is making a difference and now that spring is about as tight as it is going to get. So not sure if I did something wrong or it needs replacing. The first picture is me trying to tighten the cable and the second is the other side for reference. The other ones are the linkage that leads back to the transaxle.

I posted this to another site but haven't gotten a response and know there is some really knowledgeable people on here so I was hoping someone could tell me how to fix this so I don't have to take it somewhere for something that is probably simple.

IMG_2382.jpegIMG_2383.jpegIMG_2384.jpegIMG_2385.jpeg

/ Brake Cable Adjustment Zero Turn #2  
Hey guys,

This year I noticed that my mower was moving around a little on my trailer and when I apply the brake on an incline it also moves. I started looking around and noticed that one of the cables is rather loose. As you can see I attempted to tighten it but it does not seem like it is making a difference and now that spring is about as tight as it is going to get. So not sure if I did something wrong or it needs replacing. The first picture is me trying to tighten the cable and the second is the other side for reference. The other ones are the linkage that leads back to the transaxle.

I posted this to another site but haven't gotten a response and know there is some really knowledgeable people on here so I was hoping someone could tell me how to fix this so I don't have to take it somewhere for something that is probably simple.

View attachment 863949View attachment 863950View attachment 863951View attachment 863952

It would help if you added the manufacturer and model of your mower. And a picture of where those cables go to. Not all of us know this particular model but if you give us some context and more detail of the type of brakes we can likely come up with some suggestions.

Just trying to help.

/ Brake Cable Adjustment Zero Turn #3  
I noticed that my mower was moving around a little on my trailer
How much is a little & was it tied down to the trailer?

/ Brake Cable Adjustment Zero Turn
It would help if you added the manufacturer and model of your mower. And a picture of where those cables go to. Not all of us know this particular model but if you give us some context and more detail of the type of brakes we can likely come up with some suggestions.

Just trying to help.
I understand. It was my mistake because when I posted it to the other site it was in the title. It is a 2015 Ferris IS2100z and the brake cables go to Hydro-Gear 4400 transaxles. It may be hard to tell but those are mostly the pictures. There is one other place where the lines are secured down on the frame before you get the to transaxles.
How much is a little & was it tied down to the trailer?
So I don't even like saying this here but I dropped all my yards that were out of my neighborhood. So I only tow my equipment around the development where I do not travel over 25MPH. So no I never secure the mower and it definitely moved more than I want it to. I would say it moved between 12"-24" which is more than I ever want.

/ Brake Cable Adjustment Zero Turn #5  
I’d check the actual brake pads themselves if you haven’t already. Make sure there’s nothing preventing the pads/brakes from physically engaging completely (debris or done).

2015 is not that old, but I don’t know how much it’s been used.

And….to state the obvious, always secure the load.

/ Brake Cable Adjustment Zero Turn #6  
Most movement is going to be forward, under vehicle braking, but are you sure the movement is from mower brake slippage and not just skidding on the trailer deck? Any chance to park it sideways next time, and see if it still moves?

/ Brake Cable Adjustment Zero Turn
Most movement is going to be forward, under vehicle braking, but are you sure the movement is from mower brake slippage and not just skidding on the trailer deck? Any chance to park it sideways next time, and see if it still moves?
Yes, I am certain. Because when I park on it on a slight incline the machine moves forward as well. I found the manual and it has directions for adjusting the brake cable I am referring to but what I was doing wrong is I failed to loosen the collar you see. It has one of those wonderful allen screws and it stripped out. I just bought a kit that I am hoping will be able to get it out.

Has anyone here ever heard of or seen this product? Apparently, they have been around a long time. There are a couple YouTube videos. I am thinking about picking one up right now. I do not like the idea of having these permanently attached to my trailer deck though. Since my brake is still partially functioning this would probably solve my problem temporarily while I figure it out.