Bought a new Massey Ferguson 1735M

/ Bought a new Massey Ferguson 1735M #31  
It's odd that Kubota still differentiates the US and Canadian models. The Canadian cab models come standard with the rear window defrost, big alternator and wipers. No doubt we pay for that though, LOL But I wouldn't buy without it anyway.

I'm still amazed at the price fluctuations by dealer and region. I recently read a thread where someone got a John Deere cheaper than a Kubota! I have never seen that before, LOL.
I'm sure kabota has done a little research on their end. And probably find a majority would add them on already. I've spent way to much time in a cab tractor with little to no heat and zero window defroster to do it on my own unit. Not fun in subzero temperatures, frosting quicker then the heat is able to be produced.

It is amazing the price fluctuations by region. As for the John Deere being cheaper though. Only thing that would make sense is the dealer was sitting on it for a while. Or maybe it was a less desirable model?

/ Bought a new Massey Ferguson 1735M #32  
Hello everyone. After lots of shopping, lots of statistical comparisons, lots of quotes, and lots of forum hunting and YouTube watching, I settled down on a new Massey Ferguson 1735M HST with a FEL, a 6' Bush Hog, and a 6' box blade. It was delivered earlier this week and I really love the tractor so far and hope it continues to be a good reliable tractor.

I made a YouTube video detailing everything on this tractor because there isn't many videos on it I noticed. Plus I prefer non-dealer videos. I also compared prices of quotes from other brands in the video. I even cover an issue I had out of the box, so to speak, with my bush hog.

This forum played a part of my buying decisions and I want to contribute back to it in some way so here's a link to my video and I hope it helps anyone who's currently shopping for a compact tractor.

New Massey Ferguson 1735M Overview, New Bush Hog Issue, and Other Tractors Price Comparisons - YouTube
I am a bit familiar with Kubota models and Kiota models and was leaning toward either of these but after all of the posts to my thread in the general section (link at the bottom), it looks like I need to put MF in the list too. But gad, it sure seems like there are a lot of models to choose from. I really like what you had to say about your model... are those same models available now and, are there other MF models that are similar? (same or close to same HP, features, etc) I guess I need to fid a site that compares the different MF models.

My thread:
https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/owning-operating/420288-need-buy-tractor-concerned-about.html

As far as current models are concerned, (35-50hp), with the OP's features, I'm thinking I'm wanting the 1700M series or the 2600H series. Right?

Last edited:
   / Bought a new Massey Ferguson 1735M
I am a bit familiar with Kubota models and Kiota models and was leaning toward either of these but after all of the posts to my thread in the general section (link at the bottom), it looks like I need to put MF in the list too. But gad, it sure seems like there are a lot of models to choose from. I really like what you had to say about your model... are those same models available now and, are there other MF models that are similar? (same or close to same HP, features, etc) I guess I need to fid a site that compares the different MF models.

My thread:
https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/owning-operating/420288-need-buy-tractor-concerned-about.html

As far as current models are concerned, (35-50hp), with the OP's features, I'm thinking I'm wanting the 1700M series or the 2600H series. Right?

Either the 1700M or 2600H series tractors are good it really depends on your needs more than anything. Find a trustworthy dealer that has good service and a knowledgeable team and ask them for recommendations. All of the tractors I mentioned in my video are still available. I made the video around 3 months ago.

/ Bought a new Massey Ferguson 1735M #34  
Either the 1700M or 2600H series tractors are good it really depends on your needs more than anything. Find a trustworthy dealer that has good service and a knowledgeable team and ask them for recommendations. All of the tractors I mentioned in my video are still available. I made the video around 3 months ago.

about to pull the trigger on a 1735m or 1740m - pls see my thread in the MF pricing section.

/ Bought a new Massey Ferguson 1735M #35  

My thread:

It may or may not mean anything to you, however, the 2600 series are built in India. They come with different motors as well. The 1700 and 2700 series are built by Iseki in Japan. Ive read about QC issues with the India builds in general, not reffering to Massey.

Ive driven the 1735M and like it alot. It has all the bells and whistles and for that size it beats the competition IMO. I decided to look a little bit larger based on my needs.

Check out the 1739E as well. No fancy bits on them but youll pay alot less. Alot less than the competition as well. At least around here.

/ Bought a new Massey Ferguson 1735M #36  
Lookin for an update on this machine. There痴 a lot I like about it. But,
Recently heard Massey is changing engines on these M series machines.
No more Shibaura, going to Iseki engines, and I知 guessing they will likely be equipped with DPF.

Anyone have some more info on this and how it could, or will, affect Massey support for owners with parts and repairs to their Shibaura engines???

Thanks

/ Bought a new Massey Ferguson 1735M #37  
I've heard all good things about Iseki tractors, so I'd think that their engine in a MF ought to be good as well.

/ Bought a new Massey Ferguson 1735M #38  
thanks, but not questioning the Iseki engine.

concern is the lack of support from Massey on an (out of warranty) engine they no longer source.
If a man needs parts, or worse yet, shop repairs on the Shibaura engine, where will he go?
Parts off the internet and a major shop repair to a Caterpillar dealer a hunnerd miles away?
Will Massey dealers still service and support these machines?

be handy to have some input from someone that has an inside line or is employed by Massey..................

/ Bought a new Massey Ferguson 1735M #40  
There should surely be a good supply of Shibaura parts as well as people who know how to work on them. As a former Ford Tractor employee I know that Shibaura made the small Ford diesels for many years.