Bought a new Massey Ferguson 1735M

/ Bought a new Massey Ferguson 1735M #1  

MF1735Guy

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1735M HST
Hello everyone. After lots of shopping, lots of statistical comparisons, lots of quotes, and lots of forum hunting and YouTube watching, I settled down on a new Massey Ferguson 1735M HST with a FEL, a 6' Bush Hog, and a 6' box blade. It was delivered earlier this week and I really love the tractor so far and hope it continues to be a good reliable tractor.

I made a YouTube video detailing everything on this tractor because there isn't many videos on it I noticed. Plus I prefer non-dealer videos. I also compared prices of quotes from other brands in the video. I even cover an issue I had out of the box, so to speak, with my bush hog.

This forum played a part of my buying decisions and I want to contribute back to it in some way so here's a link to my video and I hope it helps anyone who's currently shopping for a compact tractor.

New Massey Ferguson 1735M Overview, New Bush Hog Issue, and Other Tractors Price Comparisons - YouTube

/ Bought a new Massey Ferguson 1735M #2  
Hello everyone. After lots of shopping, lots of statistical comparisons, lots of quotes, and lots of forum hunting and YouTube watching, I settled down on a new Massey Ferguson 1735M HST with a FEL, a 6' Bush Hog, and a 6' box blade. It was delivered earlier this week and I really love the tractor so far and hope it continues to be a good reliable tractor.

I made a YouTube video detailing everything on this tractor because there isn't many videos on it I noticed. Plus I prefer non-dealer videos. I also compared prices of quotes from other brands in the video. I even cover an issue I had out of the box, so to speak, with my bush hog.

This forum played a part of my buying decisions and I want to contribute back to it in some way so here's a link to my video and I hope it helps anyone who's currently shopping for a compact tractor.

New Massey Ferguson 1735M Overview, New Bush Hog Issue, and Other Tractors Price Comparisons - YouTube

I was so close to buying this tractor before i settled on my neighbors used John Deere that crapped the bed about 3 hours of mowing time after i bought it. Huge mistake. Everything in your review is basically spot on to my experience when comparing it to other models as well. Great choice and congrats.

/ Bought a new Massey Ferguson 1735M
I was so close to buying this tractor before i settled on my neighbors used John Deere that crapped the bed about 3 hours of mowing time after i bought it. Huge mistake. Everything in your review is basically spot on to my experience when comparing it to other models as well. Great choice and congrats.

Sorry to hear about your luck. That's one reason I don't like buying used sometimes because, more often than not, you're probably buying someone else's problems. I used my new Massey today to mow down a half acre of wetland and it handled it like a champ. My old 20hp Yanmar can't even begin to compare to this new one. Then again there's a 15hp and 20 year gap between them lol.

/ Bought a new Massey Ferguson 1735M #4  
Nice video, thanks for doing it. I was looking at upgrading to the 1526 or 1734e but now I will have to keep the 1735M in back of my mind when the time comes and also that’s not a bad price with a couple of attachments.

Nice video, thanks for doing it. I was looking at upgrading to the 1526 or 1734e but now I will have to keep the 1735M in back of my mind when the time comes and also that痴 not a bad price with a couple of attachments.

Thanks for watching. I was looking at the 1734E originally but when I sat down and drove the premium 1735M, the ~$1,500 price difference no longer seemed like an issue lol.

/ Bought a new Massey Ferguson 1735M #6  
Thanks for watching. I was looking at the 1734E originally but when I sat down and drove the premium 1735M, the ~$1,500 price difference no longer seemed like an issue lol.

I like to get as much as I can with little as possible too, I know what the 1734e is like being he had one there when I bought the 1705 but no 35M on the lot so I will need to keep a eye out so I can see how the 1735M feels.
For what I am doing now the 1705 is fine on my 12.7 acres it is when I add another 40 acres is when I need to upgrade and that’s in a few years, neighbor offered to sell me his extra 40 acres in a few years.

I like to get as much as I can with little as possible too, I know what the 1734e is like being he had one there when I bought the 1705 but no 35M on the lot so I will need to keep a eye out so I can see how the 1735M feels.
For what I am doing now the 1705 is fine on my 12.7 acres it is when I add another 40 acres is when I need to upgrade and that痴 in a few years, neighbor offered to sell me his extra 40 acres in a few years.

At least you have time to decide. I was just lucky a 1735M was on his lot because it was going to someone else. He said he can't keep them in stock so they're on an infinite ordered/bought loop. 3 came in with mine when I bought one but 2 were cab models and the 3rd didn't have the FEL. So people tend to buy them with cabs. Something you may also consider since 50+ acres can take a long time in summer heat

/ Bought a new Massey Ferguson 1735M #8  
Great video, thx. I've been researching heavily. I have been convinced I was leaning towards a Kioti CK3510se or CK4010se. After your review, I'll be looking into Massey. It looks like Massey has a bit more loss of hp to the pto, which is a concern for me. Curious how the Massey emissions system stacks against the DPF systems.

Great video, thx. I've been researching heavily. I have been convinced I was leaning towards a Kioti CK3510se or CK4010se. After your review, I'll be looking into Massey. It looks like Massey has a bit more loss of hp to the pto, which is a concern for me. Curious how the Massey emissions system stacks against the DPF systems.

Thanks for watching. I thought that was an issue as well when I first was comparing stats but honestly it doesn't feel any different in power by comparison to another tractor with similar pto hp I've used while using a bushhog. The biggest difference you'll see between the CK3510SE and the 1735M is simply the size. The Massey is clearly a larger tractor and heavier. It leans more towards utility then compact. So keep that in mind as well. If you need it to be a little more compact then the Kioti might fit your needs better. Hope it helps.

/ Bought a new Massey Ferguson 1735M #10  
Hey, nice tractor. Just wondering, any reason you picked the 1735m over the 1740?

I was looking at the 1740 as one of my options...comparing it to the Kubota L4060. And it moved up the ranks simply because the dealers up here have no L4060 open stations available.

The MF dealer has a 1735 on the lot, so I thought I'd take a look at that one for fit. BUt also figure since it's on the lot I might be able to get it for a better price.

The difference between the 1735 and the 1740 is about $4000 (about 3000 USD) . Financed...it's not much, but still I'm wondering if I would notice the loss in gross and PTO horsepower. the 135 is only 300lbs lighter, uses the same loader and is the same width.

I'd be using for brush hogging, landscaping, firewooding with grapple.

I'll watch your vid now.