Bought a New L3902, turned out to be a 2019

/ Bought a New L3902, turned out to be a 2019 #82  
Kubota has a website where you can look up the date of manufacture of a Kubota engine by serial number. This might assist in dating the tractor.

Thats great, I printed it off to check my BX2380. I too suspect I received old stock. Do you have the chart to check the tractor itself as well? I suspect my FEL and front snowblower might also be old stock. All was bought in summer of 2022.

/ Bought a New L3902, turned out to be a 2019 #83  
Sounds like you have them by the short and curlies. You can demand a brand new tractor with extra implements or you are going to the public then courts.

/ Bought a New L3902, turned out to be a 2019 #84  
Does the engine block get a number during original machining, or does it get the number when an engine is assembled using it? How long after an engine is assembled is a tractor built using it? There could be significant time differences.

Bruce

/ Bought a New L3902, turned out to be a 2019 #85  
Thats great, I printed it off to check my BX2380. I too suspect I received old stock. Do you have the chart to check the tractor itself as well? I suspect my FEL and front snowblower might also be old stock. All was bought in summer of 2022.
The chart in the pdf included in post #81 gives the information for the tractor PIN which will give you the month and year of production.

/ Bought a New L3902, turned out to be a 2019 #86  
Does the engine block get a number during original machining, or does it get the number when an engine is assembled using it? How long after an engine is assembled is a tractor built using it? There could be significant time differences.

Bruce
The engine serial number is stamped during assembly.

/ Bought a New L3902, turned out to be a 2019 #87  
Tractors are not sold like automobiles/model years
When you go to a dealer, you’re looking at a specific tractor and agree to a price for that unit. That’s it

Same when you go to hardware store and purchase a lawn mower, your buying the stock they currently have.

We buy they tractors for a task, does it really matter what ‘model year’ it is?
Seems petty to me….. but that’s just me

Difference between city home owners and farmer/rancher mentality maybe

Last edited:
   / Bought a New L3902, turned out to be a 2019 #88  
Or, again, it'll matter if you ever attempt to trade it in because dealers include that in their evaluations these days.

This isn't 1980, it's less and less that the dealer is local, and more and more than they're operating in a corporate form like car dealers.

It's not a city or country mentality, don't be an *******, it's a whole shift in society.

/ Bought a New L3902, turned out to be a 2019 #89  
Or, again, it'll matter if you ever attempt to trade it in because dealers include that in their evaluations these days.

This isn't 1980, it's less and less that the dealer is local, and more and more than they're operating in a corporate form like car dealers.

It's not a city or country mentality, don't be an *******, it's a whole shift in society.

You may be right about the shift with society, but I don’t buy a tractor with the intent to trade like a car…. My thinking must differ from today’s culture. Sorry it offended you.

I buy a tool for a task and plan to keep that tool for life.

/ Bought a New L3902, turned out to be a 2019 #90  
Can you trust this current crop of tractors to last for life?