Buying Advice Boomer 54D Experience?

/ Boomer 54D Experience? #1  

LittleBear

Bronze Member
Has anyone bought the new Boomer 54D? If yes, what do you think of the tractor? There are press releases out there and marketing literature, but I cannot find any opinions from real users.

/ Boomer 54D Experience?
Is that the new model with the fiat engine?

I'm not sure exactly who makes the engine. There seems to be some disagreement about that based on other posts. It seems odd that I cannot find any feedback from someone who has bought one.

/ Boomer 54D Experience? #6  
It appears the 54D is the 3000 series with new engines. Transmissions seem to be the same I suggest you read old threads regarding the Boomer 3000 series to get an idea of impressions

/ Boomer 54D Experience?
It appears the 54D is the 3000 series with new engines. Transmissions seem to be the same I suggest you read old threads regarding the Boomer 3000 series to get an idea of impressions

Thanks! I will do that. I have also ordered the 3000 series owner's manual to read.

/ Boomer 54D Experience?
Thanks! I will do that. I have also ordered the 3000 series owner's manual to read.

You know I've been reading the reviews and forum discussions on the Boomer 3000 series, and it seems to me that there is a larger proportion of negative reviews and commentary when compared to the compact tractors of the other major brands. It doesn't seem to be isolated to the issue of a lack of training or experience when running the CVT transmission. Am I wrong about this?

Also, it seems odd that the Boomer 54D would be basically the same tractor as the 3000 series (except for a new engine) and win "Tractor of the Year." Maybe it's a fabulous engine. But I would really need to know more about this tractor before pulling the trigger. Looks like waiting, for me anyway, is the smart move.

/ Boomer 54D Experience? #9  
Have you drove one? Overall I love the tractor. Fit and finish in the cab is top notch. The cvt was presented to me as an improvement on a power shuttle and I totally agree. I don't believe it to be better than a try hst. So it really depends on what you prefer

/ Boomer 54D Experience?
Have you drove one? Overall I love the tractor. Fit and finish in the cab is top notch. The cvt was presented to me as an improvement on a power shuttle and I totally agree. I don't believe it to be better than a try hst. So it really depends on what you prefer

I will test drive one. No 54 or 46ds anywhere right now, but I am watching. :)