Boom and Bucket Tilt slowly fall on Bobcat

/ Boom and Bucket Tilt slowly fall on Bobcat #1  

dieselfuelonly

Gold Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM1401D
Hey ya'll, I know this forum doesn't deal with skid steers as much as it does tractors, but I was hoping someone could help me with an issue I'm having with my 2000 Bobcat 753.

I recently had the hydraulic control valve rebuilt and reinstalled it in the machine.

When the machine is operating, both the boom and bucket tilt slowly fall down. If I pick up on the seat bar or shut the engine off, they immediately stop. However, there is still a little "play" that you can move the cylinders a tiny bit, and when I move them into the upper range of that "play", they don't fall back down again. I don't think its the seals in the cylinders. They weren't causing problems before the control valve got rebuilt.

I have misplaced both of my auxiliary solenoids, so I don't have those connected. I was told it was fine to run without them.

I know there are many issues that could cause this problem, but I'd first like to start out by making sure I have reconnected all the hydraulic lines and solenoids to the electrical harness correctly.

Does anyone have a Bobcat that is somewhat similar to mine (mine has the BICS valve on top of the control valve) that would be willing to pop the cab and take a couple pictures?

I'd REALLY appreciate the help, the closest dealer is 45 minutes away, and my service manual and other internet resources haven't been much help.

Thanks,

Dennis

/ Boom and Bucket Tilt slowly fall on Bobcat #2  
Are the levers actually going back to neutral when you release them. Is it doing the same thing it did before you had them rebuilt. Did they run a test on the valve after they rebuilt it.

/ Boom and Bucket Tilt slowly fall on Bobcat
Yeah, the pedals are going back to center. It didn't do this before I had the control valve rebuilt.

I'm not sure if they ran a test on it or not - I just took the valve to them, not the whole machine.