Bobcat S70 Lift capacity question ?

/ Bobcat S70 Lift capacity question ? #1  

mykubota4x4

Tractor
Kubota B3030HSDC
Hey all, The S70 specs calls for 700lbs for lifting & tipping load 1405lb. Op wt 2708lb, roughly 23HP engine. My question is i am only lifting it just about 1/2- 1.0ft above ground to move the skid to another place, its more like a cheating..would i be able to exceed the capacity & possibly go up to around 2000lb.? Have to move few crates around. Anyone here have such experience exceeding its capacity staying low to the ground. The forks n attachment is rated at 2000lbs. Thanks in advance.:unsure:

/ Bobcat S70 Lift capacity question ? #2  
First, let’s talk about the numbers. 2708 lb. Operating weight is how much the machine weighs. Lift capacity is 760 lb. what the loader can lift…no more. And that may be figured at the bucket pivot pins, but may be figured 12-24” from the pivot pin.
Tipping load is figured by lifting the loader all the way up and filling with weight until it tips, not what it can lift.

/ Bobcat S70 Lift capacity question ? #3  
If it will do it, do it. Driving forward is your best way. I've moved full squares of bricks just set off the truck. It ain't like it's gonna blow up. If it won't do it, it won't do it.

/ Bobcat S70 Lift capacity question ? #4  
It doesn’t hurt to try, the hydraulic will bypass to prevent damage but there’s zero chance that tractor can lift a 1 ton skid. My L3240 with a LA724 was struggling to move a 1 ton skid and my L3800 with a LA524 loader wouldn’t even consider lifting a 1 ton skid. The l3800 can handle 1200 pounds of sackcrete with the bags stacked on the close side of the pallet. If it was evenly distributed I doubt it could do it. My pallet fork frame is heavier duty than that tractor needs. If it was more suitable you might be able to gain 200 pounds.

Last edited:
   / Bobcat S70 Lift capacity question ? #5  
This is the S70 the OP is asking about:

Bobcat-S70-.jpg

There is a chance it would lift the crates.

Bobcat ROC for our Toolcat is 1500 pounds.
The crane scale shows max lift of 3189 pounds at the SSQA plate:

PB020019.JPG

The bottom of the SSQA was about 6' high, with a chain holding the scale.
It might lift more weight at ground level with pallet forks.

Bobcat ROC for the V417 is 4400 pounds.
It has lifted over 6000 pounds.
Scale shows 5k:

P7170017.JPG

Curled up a little more and scale shows overflow:

P3280018.JPG

More details here: V417 Max Lift

Last edited: