bobcat s590 heater issues

/ bobcat s590 heater issues #1  

laurencen

Veteran Member
Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat 5600T Kioti CK20, Cat D2 dozer, Cat 420 tractor loader, Deer 644E loader, Bobcat E32 mini and Bobcat 590 skidsteer, Toro Groundsmaster 325D
need a bit of information re a 2013 s590, the heater fuse blew on my s590 again, when its cold when else do you need it, lifted the cab, worked the fan with a bit of lube and now it runs, the issue is when the switch is turned to first position there appears to be a fan on the right of the seat, called a lower heater, it will only pulse, on half second and off 4 or 5 seconds, dies this continually, turn it to the second and third position the main fan under seat has 2 speeds.

im sure this lower fan should run continuously, if someone has a 590 could you confirm the lower fan runs just with the start switch turned on without motor running, just in case its designed this way till motor is fired up,

/ bobcat s590 heater issues #2  
Yes you are correct. Lower fan runs at single speed when main fan is on at any speed. It is controlled by main fan speed select switch. :thumbsup:

/ bobcat s590 heater issues
Jabonee, does the fan run continuous without the motor running just the ignition switch on, mine does not and because the cab is raised I can not start the motor, its looking like the motor is shot, I assume to remove the plastic trim housing the seat is removed with the joysticks, anyone ever done this with some advise

thanks

another thought, the fan switch may be screwed, does the lower fan run in all 3 positions and the main fan has 3 speeds?

/ bobcat s590 heater issues #5  
Both fans should run with just key ON. Lower fan is constant speed with main fan in low med or high. Its a job pulling that right side tube to access the lower fan. If memory serves me you have to pull the seat/armrest out. Also note the main blower housing had water infiltration issues in the early models. Water would get into the housing and freeze the motor causing the fuse to fail or damage the motor speed resistor. Can you post the SN#? :thumbsup:

the machine was purchased new december 2013, Its not here close to look the serial number but will get it tonight

when the cab was lifted there was more water in the heater cover than I expected given there is drain holes with pinch tubes, did they have a fix for the water issue

for sure my main heater fan only runs in position 2 and 3, the lower fan just pulses on position 1 2 and 3

where is the resistor located?

/ bobcat s590 heater issues #7  
First thing is to snip off about 1/2'' of drain tubes. :thumbsup: Water infiltration is occurring between the back of the cab and the frame. Bobcat has a field mod that has a piece of foam weather stripping installed on the front of the frame to seal the gap. That solution has met with limited success. The best solution I have seen is a piece of rubber like a mud flap attached to the bottom, rear of the cab and hangs down over the back of the housing. This directs the water back and away from the blower housing and ducting. The fan speed resistor is located on the blower motor. Housing will need to be removed to do repair easer. It can be done in place but its a real pain in the you know what !!! :eek: Also drill weep holes in the plenums. Note where they are when the cab is down before you drill ! You want to make sure they are at the bottom when the cab is down.

got hold of the heater electrical, there are 3 white wires and one black going to the motor, going to confirm voltage on these first, all 3 white wires are power to the resistor from the fan switch, as my fan refuses to work on low, if voltage is on the white wire #7510 the resistor or motor is the issue, if no voltage my guess is the switch, my diagram shows the other motor but no wiring where it pulls power but maybe it also gets power from wire #7510, by chance anyone have a electrical showing the side fan motor?

after testing voltage on the plug to the motor, all 3 wires have voltage when switch is turned so its the resistor, the lower fan also has full power to the plug so the motor is shot, first time i have had 2 parts go at the same time, parts on order, now to get the lower fan out looks like a lot of work

appreciate the help

quick update, got the resistor and lower fan, the lower fan was a pain to replace but works fine now, resistor another matter, after installing the resistor, a test shown the fan only works on low speed and medium and high caused the cab to smell like electrical fire, removed the fan assembly and noticed the ground was in a different location, on the original ground is same as machine harness,

after looking at options i decided to pull the pins out of the connector and install them as my original one.

checked with the dealer and its the correct one for my machine but not wired correctly, they say never had a issue in past, what are the chances the resistor connectors are assembled wrong