Bobcat mini excavators

/ Bobcat mini excavators #2  
I own a Kubota mini and I tried the Bobcrap (got that from another forum....) equivelant, and I was less than impressed. Sloppy, cheap, slow, weak.....I could go on and on.

/ Bobcat mini excavators #3  
I own a Kubota mini and I tried the Bobcrap (got that from another forum....) equivelant, and I was less than impressed. Sloppy, cheap, slow, weak.....I could go on and on.

Hmm.. I didn't notice any significant, overwhelming differences in construction, materials, design, etc. between the Bobcat or the Kubota's that I've used. Or the Deere's and Komatsu's.

I'd agree that the drive speed and maybe power on the ground on the Bobcat's to get from A to B is somewhat lacking but most small excavator's won't win on the oval track, either!

Granted, I don't make a living with heavy equipment. But, I don't think that most equipment manufacturers could/would last very long in the competitive marketplace that exists worldwide if their machines were; sloppy, cheap, weak!

That said... what do you think about the Tak's?

Best of luck.

AKfish

/ Bobcat mini excavators #4  
I like the taks, I think it really it boils down to the same old thing, dealer support.

/ Bobcat mini excavators #5  
Steer clear, they truely are bobcraps!

/ Bobcat mini excavators #6  
my biggest complaint is how sloppy the booms are. If you make a sudden movement the machine shutters badly. Add an extenda-hoe and quick coupler and it gets even worse.

/ Bobcat mini excavators #7  
Hi, I have a kubota kx-91-2, it is an excellent machine, almost a 1000 hours and the pins and booms are as tight as new , very fuel effecient and dependable. I live in the heart of Bobcat country and when I swing in to a large bobcat dealer in North Dakota I am amazed at how loose the pins are on 1000 hour excavators, maybe they arent greased like they should be. I also have a bobcat skidsteer and it is a good machine. I have had people tell me they can tell my machine is high quality by watching it work, it is a very precise piece of equipment.

/ Bobcat mini excavators #8  
Bobcat mini-ex's are fine, never operated anything I thought was any better. A good, nearby dealer with service and parts support is most important in my mind when purchasing equipment. Rent different machines before you purchase, may help you make a decision.

/ Bobcat mini excavators
There's just too many to chose from. Kubota always seems like a solid choice, but the Bobcats looked kinda nice. The Yanmars look good, as do Deere.

Then you have Case, Tak, Hitachi, CAT, Komatsu, Kobelco and a 1/2 dozen others. :rolleyes:

I don't even know where to start, but a local servicing dealer is always a good place to start.

/ Bobcat mini excavators #10  
Like evryone has said, try them for yourself and you be the judge. I have only used Bobcat and Kubota, and I stand by my remarks. The plus side to the Bobcat is....they have Kubota engines. The only, and I mean only, thing I liked about the Bobcat was the thicker metal on the lower cowlings which can dent easily on mini-Xs, but then again, Kubotas lower cowlings are replacebale where Bobcat is sort of a 1 peice which would cost way more to replace. I am not certain the Bobcat takeover by Doosan will increase the quality either. Isn't Deeres made by Hitachi and CATs by Mitsubishi?? I don't like rebranded machines, but I have not heard anything bad about CATs or Deeres though. Check out the Lawnsite Heavy Equipment forum, great resource.