Bobcat excavator 430 no start

/ Bobcat excavator 430 no start #1  

grego308

Tractor
Bobcat 430
Machine often won’t start. When this happens all the dash / warning lights will be flashing and fuel pump cannot be heard running. If I bypass the relay to make fuel pump run the machine still won’t start. If I leave ignition on the lights will eventually stop flashing and fuel pump can be heard and machine will then start. Doesn’t inspire confidence in the machine 🙁

/ Bobcat excavator 430 no start #2  
Check to see if the preheat (Glow Plugs) are working. I'm not that up on Bobcats, but that is about the only thing I can think of that would make you have to wait.

/ Bobcat excavator 430 no start
Check to see if the preheat (Glow Plugs) are working. I'm not that up on Bobcats, but that is about the only thing I can think of that would make you have to wait.
Thanks Mate. Not glow plugs. All dash lights flashing when this happens and fuel pump not running. Maybe the computer??? Doesn’t happen every time, but it is getting worse 🙁

/ Bobcat excavator 430 no start #4  
If it spins over but doesn't start, it could be that the fuel shutoff solenoid isn't getting power to the pull coil. With the intermittent symptoms like that, it's often a bad ground wire somewhere, or corrosion in a connector. Clean every ground that you can find, and check every plug connector for signs of corrosion, it doesn't cost anything and often chases gremlins away.

/ Bobcat excavator 430 no start #5  
U turn the key on but can’t hear the supply pump running.??
It might b time to make sure it’s getting voltage.. if it has power, order a new supply pump.. or another test would be to run a hot wire to the supply pump.. & see if it runs..

U turn the key on but can’t hear the supply pump running.??
It might b time to make sure it’s getting voltage.. if it has power, order a new supply pump.. or another test would be to run a hot wire to the supply pump.. & see if it runs..
I was hoping it would be that simple, but fuel pump is fine. there is no power getting to the relay to pull it in. I am guessing the computer would be what sends power to make the relay click in ??. I have no idea how it all works. I have run seperate power to the relay to make pump run, but machine still wont start. I beleive there is also no power going to relay that pulls fuel pump stop. guess this also comes from computer..

If it spins over but doesn't start, it could be that the fuel shutoff solenoid isn't getting power to the pull coil. With the intermittent symptoms like that, it's often a bad ground wire somewhere, or corrosion in a connector. Clean every ground that you can find, and check every plug connector for signs of corrosion, it doesn't cost anything and often chases gremlins away.
Yep. Could be, but there is no power going to relay that starts fuel pump or fuel pull relay as long as the dash lights are flashing. after a while light will stop flashing and then machine will fire straight up. I have cleaned earthing points and pulled as many plugs apart the check that i could find. All nice and clean.

/ Bobcat excavator 430 no start #8  
Just spit balling here.. what about the key switch.??

Hoping for that one too. Was my first test as I’ve had them go wrong with other machines. Thanks for the thought anyway 👍

/ Bobcat excavator 430 no start #10  
Don't you just love computer controlled machines? At this point, I think I'd be looking for a way around the computer.