Bobcat 843 door lock

/ Bobcat 843 door lock #1  

laurencen

Veteran Member
Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat 5600T Kioti CK20, Cat D2 dozer, Cat 420 tractor loader, Deer 644E loader, Bobcat E32 mini and Bobcat 590 skidsteer, Toro Groundsmaster 325D
question for 843 owners, I have the front door the latch is newer style, early ones had a twist handle this is a flush style, trying to free the lock a couple nights ago had someone at 1:30 in the morning get inside, there for half hour and Im guessing wanted to start it or remove the door

question is the ket that fits this lock the same as a regular Bobcat key? if it is the tumblers are seized and need freeing up but if its different I need a key.

the parts on line give a number for the key but dealer has nothing on it in the system

Attachments

• IMG_20230110_163124_resized_20230110_044659395.jpg
    IMG_20230110_163124_resized_20230110_044659395.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 73
   / Bobcat 843 door lock #2  
The chain & padlock will do for now. Unbolt the latch & lock assy. from inside and take to a locksmith. They can change the tumblers and make you a couple keys then bolt it back in.

/ Bobcat 843 door lock
George2615 the chain works for now, I know a locksmith could make a key, the question is the key the same as all Bobcats? my key will not get past 1/4 inch, Im figuring the tumblers are frozen/rusted in place but possibly its a total different key profile

will see if I can get lock out, seems the lock has a hook, turning the key lets the hook catch the frame of the lock to prevent the handle moving, the handle is plastic go figure, need something more secure but not the chain

/ Bobcat 843 door lock #4  
All the bobcats I worked on used the same key, but that was new and reasonably recent stuff at a dealership.

Spray some lube in and try again.

James

/ Bobcat 843 door lock
well just got a call from dealer re the door latch, its close to 300 dollars and the key listed on line is not a typical Bobcat key, the key is 4 dollars so got 2 on order, who knew

/ Bobcat 843 door lock #6  
Had that issue with my cab M9 and had to replace the entire assembly. Wasn't cheap but then stuff like that usually isn't.

/ Bobcat 843 door lock
quick update, received a couple keys today and after a lot of lube they work great, I never knew Bobcat used a different key for the door than the ignition, glad I ordered 2 so there is a spare when my guys lose the original

great weekend to all