Bobcat 600 Electric to Gas

/ Bobcat 600 Electric to Gas #1  

mitchash

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra MAX 28XL, Jinma 254 (Sold)
I might be getting a Bobcat M600 electric skidsteer? Has anyone ever converted one of these to gas? If so what engine is suggested? What all is involved? Cost? Is it worth it? Anyone have the specs on the electric motor? We have 3 phase 208 voltage at our shop (just to try it out). I haven’t looked at it yet so I don’t know the condition. But it worked when it was parked.
Thanks

/ Bobcat 600 Electric to Gas #2  
My opinion on any electric powered stuff is negative other than cordless hand tools and I'd never buy an electric powered skid steer or anything else for that matter. If it's been sitting and dead, don't expect it to fully recharge anyway. I think I'd pass.

/ Bobcat 600 Electric to Gas
It never ran on batteries. It has a 50 foot cord on a reel. My guess is it ran on 3 phase 240 or 480 volts. Was used in a warehouse that couldn’t have gas engine. It came from the factory like that. Frame and everything is the same as a gas or diesel model 600.

/ Bobcat 600 Electric to Gas #5  
I knew that there was a 500 electric, but not others. They are a very limited market, some warehouses, ship's holds, etc., where they operate only in a highly limited area.
I would imagine that the basic machines would be the same; the electric wouldn't have a fuel tank, battery box and wiring for the engine. Basic math and fabrication skills should allow a conversion fairly easily, I'd suggest raiding the manual sections at skidsteerforum and the Melroe facebook group for references.
edit: Just took a look at the 500 series electric section of the manual and it does reference a 600, it has a 15 hp motor instead of a 10.

Attachments

• 600elec.jpg
    600elec.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited: