Bobcat 331D travel motor issue

/ Bobcat 331D travel motor issue #1  

Robert_in_NY

Tractor
Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554
I had the left travel motor die this spring. I ordered a rebuilt one and started to replace it but then got busy and it sat for around 4 months. I finally took the time to finish replacing it and started it up and it works fine. However the right travel motor has no power now. It turns fine if the track is off the ground but on the ground it dies. What happened?

/ Bobcat 331D travel motor issue #2  
I suppose the right drive motor could fail too, but I wonder if the lines could have air in them? I imagine If it operates smoothly in both directions, that would be my first guess. Second, some drive motors have case drains (I have no idea if yours does) which if blocked, can mess things up.

/ Bobcat 331D travel motor issue #3  
Well, it could be air. I have a 322, and one side was noticeably slower. I found the track rollers were bad, and the front roller was tight. I replaced the track rollers but didn't do the front. This winter or next spring, I am going to do both sides, and since I was in the middle of a big project, I just needed to get it running again.

But, now the slow side is faster than the other side, so the point of the story is maybe there is something else going on, but I would suspect air in the system first. But with the track off the ground, check the rollers.