Bobcat 331D no start

/ Bobcat 331D no start #1  

Robert_in_NY

Tractor
Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554
My 331D (serial number 232512579) failed to start the other day. Was using it steady without any issues. Turns over fine but fails to fire. I replaced the fuel filter as it was time to replace it anyway but that didn't help. Can someone please advise me on what to check next or try? Thanks

/ Bobcat 331D no start #2  
Is there any smoke from exhaust when cranking? If there is smoke, it is getting fuel but firing - 1st thought would be check glow plug/preheat circuit.

No smoke is no fuel delivery - check fuel solenoid circuit.
1. Fuel solenoid fuse
2. Fuel solenoid relay
3. Fuel solenoid. The pull coil of relay no engaging. Check continuity between black and red wire on solenoid. Open circuit would be burned out coil.

/ Bobcat 331D no start
Is there any smoke from exhaust when cranking? If there is smoke, it is getting fuel but firing - 1st thought would be check glow plug/preheat circuit.

No smoke is no fuel delivery - check fuel solenoid circuit.
1. Fuel solenoid fuse
2. Fuel solenoid relay
3. Fuel solenoid. The pull coil of relay no engaging. Check continuity between black and red wire on solenoid. Open circuit would be burned out coil.
Thanks, no smoke. I checked the fuse and it appears fine. I swapped the relay with one of the other relays and that didn't change anything. And the fuel shutoff solenoid tested out fine. I didn't see anything else to check but it's very possible I missed something as these things are packed in there tight

/ Bobcat 331D no start #4  
could you have air in the system?you said you changed the filter,did you bleed it?

/ Bobcat 331D no start
could you have air in the system?you said you changed the filter,did you bleed it?
Problem started before I changed the filter, I'm not getting fuel at the injector.

/ Bobcat 331D no start #6  
Sounds like a restriction/supply issue.

I'd first check to see if you're getting power to your fuel shut-off solenoid: do you hear it click when you turn the key on? If so, then next would be to verify fuel output at your injectors; crack one or two and see what, if anything, you're getting.

Possible that you have an obstruction in the tank or the lines to the fuel filter. Could pull vacuum and check, or blow back in the line (with low pressure).

Hopefully the issue ss somewhere in the above. If not then it might be the injection pump.