Biometric Safe Reliability

/ Biometric Safe Reliability
Toro,

I found it for $330. I ordered the smaller wall safe for a handgun. Inside diminsions are Height - 8.5" Width: 13.25" Depth: 4"

I figure this will be all I'll need for my handgun & ammo.

I'll post a followup once I get it.

/ Biometric Safe Reliability #12  
What problems have you had with them ?

The only ones I have used have been at the gates at Disney world! :D:D:D

They work. Sometimes you put your finger on the reader and you get the green light. Sometimes it takes a few tries.

If you need to access the safe in a hurry having to take a few tries could be bad. :eek: I don't know how good the readers are on the safes vs the ones at WDW. But I think Disney has more money to spend on such things than I do so my guess is that the readers on the safe might be more problematic. Which is why I just bought a safe with a keypad.

I do need to change the batteries in mine. I have had the safe for a few years and the batteries are fine even though they are the only ones I have put in the safe.... I guess I gots my money out of them. :)

Later,
Dan

/ Biometric Safe Reliability #15  
Dargo, any chance you could snap a pic with it open and with maybe something we would both be 'size' familiar with in it like a bic lighter or something ?

Safe arrived today. After reading through the instructions it can be opened by both fingerprint and also by using the keypad. So it has both a keypad backup and key backup in case of a power failure. I'll get it installed over the weekend and will provide a review.

jk

/ Biometric Safe Reliability #18  
Dargo, any chance you could snap a pic with it open and with maybe something we would both be 'size' familiar with in it like a bic lighter or something ?

Sorry, missed your post. Currently gone on business trip. Safe easily holds one full sized 1911 style pistol with a couple spare mags, but that's about it. May hold 2 smaller sized pistols.

Got the safe installed. Here's my initial impressions.

The good.

1. Easy to install
2. Secure and made well - very solid unit.
3. Easy instructions.
4. Works well - I've had two scan rejects in 50 attempts. Both times I was able to gain access with a second attempt.
5. Keypad also allows for a coded entry.
6. Backup key for entry if needed. Key hole is well placed so that your kids would never know you could open it with a key.
7. Plenty of room for my gun & ammo.
8. Fast entry. Door is open in 2 seconds.
9. Option to direct wire the charging unit so that no charger is ever needed.

The bad

1. Price - fingerprint option is an expensive addition if paying regular retail.
2. Keys beep when pressed and safe beeps when open with no option to silence them.
3. Door is a little louder than expected when it drops.

Overall,

The fingerprint option is nice, easy to use, and the keypad provides a second method of entry that is a nice backup in an emergency. The safe is secure, easy to use, and I like the wall install. I'd buy the safe again but would probably just get the keyed version depending on the price difference. Well made unit overall that meets my needs. I also would not want a safe that only had a fingerprint entry - I would want a keypad options as well that this safe has.

jk

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

2017 International HX620 Quad Dump Truck (A33544)
2017 International...
2016 Ford F150 XL (A33526)
2016 Ford F150 XL...
Brute Electric Breaker (A32803)
Brute Electric...
John Deere 7330 (A33526)
John Deere 7330...
International Sickle Mower (A33041)
International...
Tires & Rims (A33041)
Tires & Rims (A33041)