Big Cars are killing Americans

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #172  
Ha, ha, ha... :LOL:
Do you think I don't know that?
There was no snow,, I had to deliver gifts with this truck,, smaller than a Freightliner,, a little,, Santa2021.jpg

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #174  
There was no snow,, I had to deliver gifts with this truck,, smaller than a Freightliner,, a little,,View attachment 727393
You were lucky, at that moment you had nothing to clean from a windshield. In case of Freightliner you would have nothing to clean in any case. :)

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #175  
You were lucky, at that moment you had nothing to clean from a windshield. In case of Freightliner you would have nothing to clean in any case. :)
When H2 Hummers came out, I went to buy one,, the dealer would not even let you sit in one, unless you purchased it first,,
I passed, THE NEXT MONTH,, the guy was calling me offering a discount, and free delivery!!
(I lived 2 hours away)
Times change, when peoples attitude change,,

I went to a city in Pennsylvania to buy a Unimog,, it had sold as I drove up to the dealer,,
My mood for that vehicle also changed,,

Hmm,, maybe the Freightliner,,

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #177  
All things considered, I'm quite happy to have purchased a Ford Courier in 1980. Seven foot bed, one ton capacity. 2.0 liter engine,4 speed, 25 combined mpg. Still faithful after all these years. These rigs are still out there for sale. Grandson inspecting wheels for nails.

Attachments

• IMG_20190324_155627526_2.jpg
    IMG_20190324_155627526_2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 69
   / Big Cars are killing Americans #178  
Seems like the bigger A & B pillars are for storing air bags, which are safety equipment, but cut down on visibility. My Ram, which I love, has the upper center of the windshield blocked not by the rear view mirror, but by the huge cluster of electronics crammed into the overhead console.

I agree the visibility and blind spots are worse.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #179  
When H2 Hummers came out, I went to buy one,, the dealer would not even let you sit in one, unless you purchased it first,,
I passed, THE NEXT MONTH,, the guy was calling me offering a discount, and free delivery!!
(I lived 2 hours away)
Times change, when peoples attitude change,,

I went to a city in Pennsylvania to buy a Unimog,, it had sold as I drove up to the dealer,,
My mood for that vehicle also changed,,

Hmm,, maybe the Freightliner,,
H-1 Alpha