Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,001  
Re: Big Barn痴 Retirement Farm Shop

There's only a 1/4 ac or so of my 10 1/2 where one can see another building, windows therein, or any of someone's yard.

Folks are welcome to come and go as they please. btw, we're out of paper.

We moved into our house almost three years ago. At first we were a bit sensitive as to what you could see in our bathroom from the road, because we can clearly and easily see cars driving by and have near floor to ceiling windows in that direction.

However, after living there a while, it's become readily apparent that unless you come to a complete stop, and the light is right (to reduce glare), there is no way anyone driving by can see anything.

Google street view:
Our House from Road.png

Here's a pic my wife took the other day slightly part way up the driveway, which shows it a bit better. Our bathroom is in the second floor area with the Palladian window. And the shower opens directly to the windows.
IMG_3886.jpeg

I've concluded that unless/until I'm convicted of indecent exposure I'll leave the blinds open and not worry about it.

Funny related story - my nephew and his wife visited us last winter. Since they have three small children we gave them our bedroom because there was room to have the kids in cots/crib all in the same room. First night the wife said to our nephew "what about the windows?" to which he replied "they're one way glass". When she found out they weren't, words were exchanged....

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,003  
My daughter gave me a new hat yesterday....

View attachment 679358

A rather insignificant event on the surface except for realizing how little things can give such a boost to ones outlook and appreciation of life.

Which is just a reminder of how a thoughtful gift or gesture can lift one's spirits.

Here's the hat my daughter gave me for my recent 60th birthday.

IMG_5136.JPG

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,006  

We moved into our house almost three years ago. At first we were a bit sensitive as to what you could see in our bathroom from the road, because we can clearly and easily see cars driving by and have near floor to ceiling windows in that direction.

However, after living there a while, it's become readily apparent that unless you come to a complete stop, and the light is right (to reduce glare), there is no way anyone driving by can see anything.

Google street view:
View attachment 679371

Here's a pic my wife took the other day slightly part way up the driveway, which shows it a bit better. Our bathroom is in the second floor area with the Palladian window. And the shower opens directly to the windows.
View attachment 679372

I've concluded that unless/until I'm convicted of indecent exposure I'll leave the blinds open and not worry about it.

Funny related story - my nephew and his wife visited us last winter. Since they have three small children we gave them our bedroom because there was room to have the kids in cots/crib all in the same room. First night the wife said to our nephew "what about the windows?" to which he replied "they're one way glass". When she found out they weren't, words were exchanged....

You don't need to be alarmed unless you see someone parked on the side of the road with a telescope!

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,007  

Or men in general?

Not just men! I've been to Haiti a number of times to help drill water wells. There the women wear dresses so that they can squat and let er fly. And they're not fussy where they take a leak either!

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,008  

So Kyle, are you alluding to an issue with size or space?
Uhmmmm....

Changing his name to Big_Kyle_in_Tex or Long_Kyle_in_Tex :D
Hahaha.
I'm worried about that little old lady who's always peeking out of her blinds.

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,009  
You haven't lived til you've peed in a unisex public bathroom eith no doors.