Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #3,861  
Terry, the tape shelves you built might hold screwdrivers also!

Blue handles for the blue section...red handles for the - - - well, you know!

Likely that's already part of your master plan!!!

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #3,862  
Terry, the tape shelves you built might hold screwdrivers also!

Blue handles for the blue section...red handles for the - - - well, you know!

Likely that's already part of your master plan!!!

Or at least a color coded awl / scribe.

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #3,863  
Re: Big Barn痴 Retirement Farm Shop

Here's my hammer drawer in my remodeling toolbox. I tend to pick up a hammer and leave it wherever I was working, then need it again in a different location. So when they went on sale I'd buy a few. My wife suggested I stop buying hammers :rolleyes:
20200928_210818.jpg
I have 2 ball peen hammers at work and another one at home (somewhere...). Then I have 2 blacksmith hammers, one with a broken handle. I also have 3 different sized dead blow hammers, 2 at work and my biggest one in my automotive toolbox. I use it for removing stuck-on wheels. I believe it's 52ozs. I'm working my way up to a true hammer collector.

These are my preferred tape measures, and my laser measure.
20201203_072150.jpg

The tape measures have a button on the bottom. It acts like putting your finger on the tape, but for me it's a more natural position. Now when I use a tape without that, I get confused... :confused3:
20201203_072140.jpg

I'll admit, organization is not one of qualities. But I'm working on it. I'm getting to the point where I have enough different areas to leave things that I cannot find them when I need them. And it's making me mad enough to learn to be organized! I'm also getting to the point that each area will have it's own toolbox so I don't need to carry my tools off from another toolbox and forget to take it back.

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #3,864  
^^^^^ I mostly try to clean up my tools when I'm done for the day. The time I spend putting them back where they belong is more than made up for with the time I don't have to spend looking for them. Just a thought.....

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #3,865  
^^^^^ I mostly try to clean up my tools when I'm done for the day. The time I spend putting them back where they belong is more than made up for with the time I don't have to spend looking for them. Just a thought.....

I'm pretty sure I have ADD so when I'm done with a project my mind runs to the next one instead of thinking to clean up after. Or I'm not finished with my project and get pulled off in another direction so the tools sit there. It's a real struggle for me to get my tools back to where they belong when I'm not using them. It would be far easier for me to have a tool box full of tools at each location I may be working at. I actually bought a tool cart to wheel to different areas of the house where I'm working to have basic tools or job specific tools. It has helped. Now I need something for in the barn.

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #3,866  
^^^^ I have several tool boxes of tools too. It's so I don't have to walk so far to clean them all up. All jokes aside 2 of our 3 sons have ADD so I know what it's like to a certain degree. They've learned to cope with it and use it to their advantage in their lives. My wife thinks they inherited ADD from her as she can't clean up or finish a job. She finds it very frustrating but not nearly as frustrating as it is for me..... opposites attract!

I really appreciate how this thread can wander off topic and no one get's too excited..... and then it wanders back to on topic again. It's the one thread that I really look forward to every day.

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop
#3,867  
I really appreciate how this thread can wander off topic and no one get's too excited..... and then it wanders back to on topic again. It's the one thread that I really look forward to every day.

Me too, Ernie! LOL

Seriously though, this thread isn't about me. Think of it more as a virtual shop environment where you can share your ideas whatever they may be. I know I've learned a lot and I appreciate all who take the time "drop in".

Cheers
Terry

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop
#3,869  
Beautiful, X! Love the chain storage also

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #3,870  
Re: Big Barn痴 Retirement Farm Shop

These are my preferred tape measures, and my laser measure.
View attachment 678524

The tape measures have a button on the bottom. It acts like putting your finger on the tape, but for me it's a more natural position. Now when I use a tape without that, I get confused... :confused3:

Speaking of tape measures, my wife's uncle found this one and gave it to me. I think it's really cool for layout stuff. It virtually cannot fall over, which has happened to me a hundred or thousand times when you have it extended and "standing up" to mark out some points. Well, this one is always "laying down on the job". Not a quality I generally look for in one of my assets*, but a very admirable one in this capacity...

*apparently the current buzzword is HAM, not HR (Human Asset Management, not Human Resources). Like what we need in our business is more HAMs...

Craftsman-Sidewinder-Tape-Measure.jpg

Last edited: