BH92 Seat

/ BH92 Seat #1  

AndyMA

Elite Member
Tractor
Ford 2120 , Kubota MX5200 , Deere X748SE. 1956 Economy Tractor
The seat on my BH5 Backhoe won't stay up. Has anybody modified or changes the seat? Any ideas on a new seat. I think a little higher and farther back would be way more comfortable

Andy

/ BH92 Seat #2  
The seat on my BH5 Backhoe won't stay up. Has anybody modified or changes the seat? Any ideas on a new seat. I think a little higher and farther back would be way more comfortable

Andy

I have had to fix mine and reinforce the tabs at the back where the hinge is. I have often wanted a little more room as well but can't move the seat back without hitting the ROPS cross beam. Perhaps higher and back might work, not sure, would have to look at the machine again. Also don't want to bump my head on the ROPS gettin on and off.

/ BH92 Seat
Mine is hard to pull up and won't stay latched. I end up sitting on the edge of it

/ BH92 Seat #4  
Mine is hard to pull up and won't stay latched. I end up sitting on the edge of it

Have you made sure everything is lubricated? I have to say It is a pretty bad design!!

/ BH92 Seat
Have you made sure everything is lubricated? I have to say It is a pretty bad design!!
Yes I've lubed it. Tomorrow I'm going to try WD40 and then spray lithium grease. I agree it's a bad design. I like everything else about the hoe

/ BH92 Seat #6  
Yes I've lubed it. Tomorrow I'm going to try WD40 and then spray lithium grease. I agree it's a bad design. I like everything else about the hoe

Can you tell what the issue is? Is it binding at the hinge point?